+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 324 FirstFirst ... 9495051525354555657585960616263646566676869109159 ... LastLast
Like Tree526Likes

Thread: Rest In Peace.

Re: Rest In Peace.

Sesame Streets "Olivia" passed away, too. They say it happens in three's. What makes it all worse is it happened so close to the holidays. A time you spend with your loved ones.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

On TMZ it reports her mother told the EMTs that she had diabetes. I don't know if this has been confirmed or not, but whatever the reason, it is sad. She had such expressive big eyes and a devil may care presence.
    Count your blessings!

The news is reporting that she had been sick and taking prescription meds for flu like symptoms. This leaves open the poossibility that something had gone undiagnosed with her. It's also been reported that her husband doesn't want an autopsy but her mom does so one is being planned. There can be many reasons why he would not want her to have an autopsy, however, when someone so young goes you can bet that even if her mom didn't want the autopsy the coroner would likely be performing one.

FORT Fogey

Brittany went from so healthy looking in Clueless to stick thin. I think the girl was under so much pressure in Hollywood to be thin and perfect that it all caught up to her. All my favorite actresses seem to have the same issues. I loved Brittany, Alicia Silverstone, and Minnie Driver and they all seem to battle issues with their image.

I am truly saddened by the passing of Brittany, and I hope she is at peace.

They are actually talking about her weight right now on the news as I type this, that she was pressured to lose weight at one point as her role offers were coming in slower, and they reported that her mom may have told the paramedics that she had diabetes, which could make for a lethal combination. Diabetes can lead to heart problems, and while everyone needs a healthy, well balanced diet, diabetics really must stay on top of what they do and do not eat. Initially there will be a million rumors,but in the end one sad truth will remain-she was a beautiful talented woman gone far too soon.

ETA-I just remembered, her severe weight loss could also be attributed to her diabetes being undiagnosed at the time. If she indeed does have diabetes, it causes rapid, unexplained weight loss over time.
    Last edited by KeepItReal; 12-21-2009 at 08:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodelfpriest;3773712;
    Karen Carpenter died of cardiac arrest (same age 32) due to Anorexia. Brittany lost a lot of weight after Clueless. I wouldn't be surprised if she died because of anorexia.
    Honestly that was my first thought as well.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

If it is a combination of her desire to lose weight, and her having diabetes, the answers may lie right there. Some diabetics choose not to take their insulin or medications because you lose weight when your diabetes is untreated. Problem is, you are also as unhealthy as you can get at that point. My son was diagnosed with diabetes a little over a year ago. Before he was diagnosed he dropped a good amount of weight. He reached his normal weight once again within months once he began taking insulin/meds. When he began attending a support group for teens with diabetes many days the topic focused on encouraging the kids to take their meds as prescribed. It seems many teens (especially girls) enjoyed losing the weight, and once you're medicated the focus goes back on eating healthy and excercising. I can see the temptation for someone in a position where their weight loss may equal a high paying job to think that they can cheat by skipping their meds and instead simply trying to eat differently. It will not work and will cause damage to your heart, eyes, etc.

It was, and still is, all over the news out here.
    Sounds very similar to the Heath Ledger case, but we'll have to wait and see what the toxicology shows.
    A shame all the way around, though.
    RIP
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I cna't believe that people would not take their diabetes medication for the purpose of weight loss since they feel/act so miserable before diagnosis.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

They are miserable, constantly thirsty and hungry, as well as frequent bathroom trips. Dizziness, headaches, and a host of other symptoms. I was shocked to learn that anyone would consider this a "diet". It breaks my heart that being thin would drive someone to do something so dangerous. I guess the same people who engage in this sort of behavior are the types who develop eating disorders to begin with. A little blurry vision is not going to stop them from getting into that prom dress. Just sad, and very deadly in the long run.

Not saying that Brittany Murphy engaged in this behavior, but the topic came to mind because there has been a ton of speculation about her weight in the past. As for the speculation regarding her husband not wanting an autopsy having anything to do with something unsavory going on that he knew about- that seems to be off base as well. It was mentioned that he was Jewish and I suspect it has more to do with religious beliefs than anything else. Time will tell.

+ Reply to Thread