+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 347 FirstFirst ... 7474849505152535455565758596061626364656667107157 ... LastLast
Like Tree820Likes

Thread: Rest In Peace.

Re: Rest In Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;3773152;
    TMZ was the first to report on MJ too and, sadly, they were right.

I was shocked when I read this on Twitter earlier. She was so young, such a waste.
    I'm sure the people at TMZ understand that they REALLY have to be sure before they report that someone has passed. So far, the only stories I've seen are citing TMZ. No reports coming from any other source.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3773161;
    I'm sure the people at TMZ understand that they REALLY have to be sure before they report that someone has passed. So far, the only stories I've seen are citing TMZ. No reports coming from any other source.
    Yeah, exact same pattern as with MJ. I'm sure they wouldn't have put this out there if it wasn't true.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

The coroner has verified it.

Coroner: Brittany Murphy Dead At 32 - omg! news on Yahoo!

LOS ANGELES, Calif. -- Brittany Murphy died on Sunday morning, a spokesperson for the Los Angeles County Coroner's Office has confirmed to Access Hollywood. She was 32.

According to the Coroner's Office, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Hollywood reported to them that an individual named Brittany Murphy died in the hospital on Sunday.

A Los Angeles Fire Department spokesman told TMZ that a 911 call was made from a home belonging to the star's husband, Simon Monjack early Sunday morning. The actress was pronounced dead upon arrival at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.

Just weeks ago, a smiling Brittany spoke with Access Hollywood at the Tt Collection Pop-Up Party in LA on December 3, where she discussed her hopes for the coming year.

"As far as having a New Year's resolution, I'd love to have a child next year," she said at the time. "But that's kind of a large one!"

The actress also spoke of her love for her family, whom she said she was very close to.

"I've been very blessed to have a really great loving husband," she said. "I spend more time with my family than anyone else in the world"

Brittany rose to fame after a memorable role in 1995's "Clueless." She went on to star in such films as "8 Mile," "Just Married," "Girl, Interrupted," "Sin City" and "Riding In Cars With Boys," among others.

She also made a splash in the music world with the track "Faster Pussycat Kill," with Paul Oakenfold in 2006 - the track topped the Billboard Hot Dance Club Play Chart that year. She also sang a pair of songs for the animated film "Happy Feet," in which she was also a voice actress.

Brittany was married to screenwriter Simon Monjack, whom she wed in May 2007.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Just logged onto yahoo and got a shock. I can't believe it. She is so young - and a full cardiac arrest? What in the world could have happened?

Then I thought of her mom. I once saw them together in L.A. in one of those random celeb sighting moments that really mean nothing in itself, til something like this happens. She and her mom were laughing and giggling together and they seemed so close. There was a warmth between them. I can't imagine what her mom is going through now.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

I just saw it on msnbc.com and they're citing the LA Times.

She had a big part in 1 of my all time favorite movies, Clueless. As others have said, such a waste.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

ďI donít want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my painÖ It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.Ē - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy;3773194;
    Just logged onto yahoo and got a shock. I can't believe it. She is so young - and a full cardiac arrest? What in the world could have happened?
    Drugs or anorexia would be my guess. It's so sad.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I just read this and I'm shocked. Exactly the same feeling I got when I heard of Heath's passing.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Brittany Murphy seemed like such a sweet spirit. She was so adorable in Clueless, and Happy Feet, and Drop Dead Gorgeous, and especially in King of the Hill. And just really, really good in Girl, Interrupted. Her poor mother.

And now I read here that Jennifer Jones has passed too. I loved her in The Barrets of Wimpole Street and Since You Went Away.

So many loses, and yet it's always most tragic when they die so young. She did seem to have a very sweet spirit. Rest in peace Brittany.

I really loved her in 8 Mile. I think she turned in a great performance in that movie.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

+ Reply to Thread