+ Reply to Thread
Page 534 of 537 FirstFirst ... 34434484524525526527528529530531532533534535536537 LastLast
Results 5,331 to 5,340 of 5365
Like Tree2803Likes

Thread: Rest In Peace.

Re: Rest In Peace.

Very sad about Harry Anderson. I remember him from his little spots on Cheers, before he got Night Court. I always had a bit of a crush on him.
    FireWoman, Imperfect1 and tapper01 like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

http://breaking-cnn.com/former-first...-bush-dies-92/

Former first lady Barbara Bush dies at 92

NEW YORK — Former first lady Barbara Bush has died “peacefully in her sleep”, a spokesman for the Bush family said she died on Sunday evening.

92-year old Bush died hours after announcing that she will not seek additional medical care.

She made headlines in the past 24 hours that she was in failing health and would not seek additional medical care after a series of recent hospitalizations.

Bush was the wife of former President George H.W. Bush, the 41st president of the United States who is now 93, and mother of 43rd President George W. Bush. She was only the second first lady in American history whose her son also ascend to the nation’s highest office, the other being Abigail Adams, wife of John Adams and mother of John Quincy Adams.
    Miss_Griss likes this.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01 View Post

NEW YORK — Former first lady Barbara Bush has died “peacefully in her sleep”, a spokesman for the Bush family said she died on Sunday evening.

92-year old Bush died hours after announcing that she will not seek additional medical care.

She made headlines in the past 24 hours that she was in failing health and would not seek additional medical care after a series of recent hospitalizations.

Bush was the wife of former President George H.W. Bush, the 41st president of the United States who is now 93, and mother of 43rd President George W. Bush. She was only the second first lady in American history whose her son also ascend to the nation’s highest office, the other being Abigail Adams, wife of John Adams and mother of John Quincy Adams.
    Not surprising since Jenna was holding back tears in interview.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01 View Post

Apparently Barbara Bush has not died. It is a hoax going around

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Very sad about Harry Anderson. I remember him from his little spots on Cheers, before he got Night Court. I always had a bit of a crush on him.
    Me too! Here I thought I was the only one. I think my crush grew when he played Richie Tozier in It. Beep, beep Richie.
    dagwood likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I have always had a crush on Harry as well. I have always loved the goofballs.
    libgirl2 likes this.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Well, someone at CBS News is lucky if they still have a job after this. Seriously, how do you NOT see "DO NOT PUBLISH" twice in all caps in the headline and still upload it?
    CBS News erroneously publishes online obituary for Barbara Bush | The Sacramento Bee
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

Ah, Harry the Hat...I remember seeing him for the first time, I think, on the old Johnny Carson version of The Tonight Show, when he was in Sugar Babies. I loved Night Court and think it's a highly underrated series, which I hope someone brings back in reruns again.

Lots of tweets from co-stars etc. who confirm that he was a smart, funny, genuinely nice guy, on and off the set. RIP, Judge Harry. May Mel Torme play/sing you on as you go through those pearly gates (after you pick St. Peter's pockets and re-produce the keys in your mouth, of course).

Well, someone at CBS News is lucky if they still have a job after this. Seriously, how do you NOT see "DO NOT PUBLISH" twice in all caps in the headline and still upload it?
    CBS News erroneously publishes online obituary for Barbara Bush | The Sacramento Bee
    I saw that all over FB last night. Right after I had read the article by JENNA stating BB was in good spirits.

How does crap like this make it to social media?

It seems it happens far too often where a Celebrity's death is announced and that Celebrity takes to Twitter and says NOPE I AM STILL ALIVE.

Bizarre. Annoying.
    KAREN

FORT Fogey

I had a friend on FB who posted about the death of a local celebrity saying "First Barbara Bush, then Harry Anderson, and now this". It angered me that she was putting Barbara Bush in the dead category. I wanted to say so, but I didn't want to create a conflict with a friend, so I'm complaining about it here instead. NBC News ran a great story about what comfort care actually mean - that it does NOT mean that death is imminent, and does not mean that medical care is ceasing - simply that the doctor's focus is on managing pain rather than trying to cure an ailment. Leave it to Barbara Bush to let a shift in her medical plan be a teaching moment for the country!
    momrek06 likes this.
    "The way we treat people we strongly disagree with is a report card on what we've learned about love, compassion, and kindness." - Marcandangel

"There should be less value placed on agreement and more on understanding each other"

+ Reply to Thread