+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 351 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101151 ... LastLast
Like Tree842Likes

Thread: Rest In Peace.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Rest In Peace.

Both were icons, but one had rather faded off into retirement oblivion, if you will. At 92, your death is not a shock or surprise.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Gidget the Chihuahua who starred in the Taco Bell commercials & as Bruiser's Mom in Legally Blonde II has passed away at 15.

I loved those commercials. I even have a stuffed Taco Bell Chihuahua.
    "Yo Quiero Taco Bell"
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

The Taco Bell Chihuaha was the best. I think it's why Taco Bell is one of the few fast foods I'll eat.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

It sounds like Billy Mays used coke.

Autopsy: Cocaine a factor in Billy Mays' death - CNN.com

(CNN) -- An autopsy report issued Friday by Hillsborough County, Florida, cites cocaine as a contributing factor in the death of TV pitchman Billy Mays, who died in June at age 50.
    The Hillsborough County medical examiner's office said cocaine use contributed to Billy Mays' heart disease.

The Hillsborough County medical examiner's office said cocaine use contributed to Billy Mays' heart disease.

"Mays died from a lethal arrhythmia of the heart caused by hypertensive and arteriosclerotic heart disease," the county said in a statement attributed to Dr. Leszek Chrostowski, the associate medical examiner who conducted the autopsy.

"He further concluded that cocaine use caused or contributed to the development of his heart disease, and therefore contributed to his death," it added.

The fact that toxicology tests detected only breakdown products of cocaine, not the drug itself, led Chrostowski to conclude that Mays had used cocaine "in the few days prior to death but not immediately prior to death."

Cocaine is a stimulant that can raise blood pressure and thicken the wall of the left ventricle of the heart, one of the organ's four main pumping chambers.

The autopsy also found low concentrations of ethyl alcohol "consistent with social consumption of a few beverages" as well as the narcotic drugs hydrocodone, oxycodone and tramadol. Mays had prescriptions for the drugs -- which were found in therapeutic or subtherapeutic concentrations -- to ease hip pain.

In addition, the tests found evidence of two tranquilizers -- alprazolam (Xanax) and diazepam (Valium) -- which are commonly prescribed for a variety of ailments, including anxiety and insomnia. Both drugs were determined to be in therapeutic or subtherapeutic concentrations.

Mays was found dead at his home near Tampa on June 28.

Mays, with his booming voice, was famous for fronting products such as OxiClean and Orange Glo in TV commercials

I know that the Mays family is going for an independent investigation, because that is very unlike Billy. I know that he was definitely a Christian, and not to stereotype but many Christians (like myself) are anti-drugs. If the independent investigation does turn up the coke, I definitely think it should serve as a cautionary tale to many Hollywood stars.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

Eunice Kennedy Shriver has died, she was 88. She led a good life:

Eunice Kennedy Shriver dies - CNN.com
    Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. ~John Lennon

Write for HubPages.

Mrs. Shriver made a wonderful contribution to the world. RIP
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

RIP, Les Paul. He was truly legendary.

Guitar, studio wizard Les Paul dies at 94 - CNN.com

Wow. RIP Les Paul.

This year kind of sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by MotherSister;3661405;
    This year kind of sucks.
    This.

We sure are losing a lot of talented folks this year.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

+ Reply to Thread