+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 356 FirstFirst ... 37383940414243444546474849505152535455565797147 ... LastLast
Like Tree867Likes

Thread: Rest In Peace.

Re: Rest In Peace.

Geez. Mays was just on The Tonight Show last Tuesday too.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

It seems likely the hit on the head may have had something to do with it -- that sound kind of similar to Natasha Richardson, but he also seemed like the prototype of a Type A personality just waiting for a heart attack or stroke. I didn't mind, though often didn't quite believe, his infomercials, but mostly it was his loud voice that bothered me. I'll join those more saddened by the deaths of Billy, Farrah, and Ed than by Michael Jackson.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

*Shakes head*

Just so unbelievable
    "Life is a highway, I want to ride it all night long"

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

i'm sure that bump on the head caused it ... they're reporting he said he wasn't feeling very well when he went to bed last night and died in his sleep.

as for the type A personality comment, i don't think so ... in spite of what he appeared on the commercials he was a pretty calm and easy going guy. he just knew that he woudln't get your attention being quiet.

I felt that he was probably completely the opposite in real life as he was on his commercials. He died way too early in life. I hope his family can find some peace.
    Yup, with donuts!!

He is definitely someone that died way too early, he had many productive years ahead of him, that's for sure.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

I just read that the preliminary Mays autopsy showed the cause to be heart disease and that there was no head trauma found at all. As I said earlier, a Type A personality, which I don't think is a negative statement, but I do think applies to him. I also started using OxyClean after I saw him pitch it and I still use it. However, in most cases, a loud voice just makes me switch it off. I have very good hearing and overly loud sounds make me cringe. That's one of the reasons I watch most movies at home on DVD. Volume in the movie theaters is too loud for me.

On another note, talented actor/comedian/impressionist Fred Travalena died on Sunday. He was 66 and died from non-Hodgkins lymphoma, which had been in remission, but returned last summer. I know he was big in Vegas and I remember a lot of his appearances on Johnny Carson's Tonight Show. For anyone who saw The Buddy Holly Story, he played the D.J. Madman Mancuso.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3535945;
    Oh, I just loved My Little Margie and Oh Susannah!] when I was a child. And, my mother and grandmother used to tell me what a handsome heart throb Charles Farrell, who player Margie's dad, was in his younger days. She also had some pop song hits such as "I Hear You Knockin'" back in the 50's. I really liked her.

While we're talking about stars of an earlier day, the incomparable Lena Horne is 92 today -- another one I loved.

Sorry to hear about Fred Travalena, I used to enjoy some of his comedy
    Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. ~John Lennon

Write for HubPages.

+ Reply to Thread