+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 354 FirstFirst ... 35363738394041424344454647484950515253545595145 ... LastLast
Like Tree861Likes

Thread: Rest In Peace.

Re: Rest In Peace.

I am so sad over the death of Michael Jackson. I was at work today and we found out and was shocked to tears. I grew up listening to the Jackson 5 and Michael Jackson. My very first concert ever was a Jackson 5 concert.

So sad also about Farrah and Ed Mcmahon.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Now I'm hearing rumors about Jeff Goldblum falling 100 ft. from a movie set in New Zealand.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;3526318;
    Now I'm hearing rumors about Jeff Goldblum falling 100 ft. from a movie set in New Zealand.
    It's been proven false...an old urban tale that alternately has featured Tom Hanks and Tom Cruise. Snopes mentions it.
    Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. ~John Lennon

Write for HubPages.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3518632;
    My first thought was that he and Johnny Carson are back together again. I wonder if he was greated by Johnny at the pearly gates with: HEEEEERRRREEEE'SSSS ED! I'd like to think so.

It made me sad. The very end of an era.

Imissme, he was someone so old, you wouldn't know who he was.
    Fitting tribute myrosiedog, very fitting. I never watched the Tonight Show after Bette Midler sang One For My Baby to Johnny that night. I grew up with Johnny and Ed. Ed - "I hold in my hand the LAST envelope" Carnac- "Thank You glue breath"

Quote Originally Posted by sukee;3526327;
    It's been proven false...an old urban tale that alternately has featured Tom Hanks and Tom Cruise. Snopes mentions it.
    Whew! I don't think I could process much more today.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Three Iconic figures losing life's battle in one week. It is hard to lose the icons of our youth.

RIP Ed
    RIP Farrah
    RIP Michael
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I just blogged about Michael and Farrah. Perhaps I should run back and write about good old Ed, too. RIP to all of them - I especially hope they find peace.

Chapter Two: Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett: Baby Boomer Icons

This one may not be as sad to some of you but to me? I'm bawling right now. He's leaving behind a young daughter-maybe all of 3 or 4 years old. It's going to be harder for me to watch Pitchmen now, that's for sure.

TAMPA, Fla. Tampa police say Billy Mays, the television pitchman known for his boisterous hawking of products such as Orange Glo and OxiClean, has died. He was 50.

Authorities say Mays was pronounced dead Sunday morning after being found by his wife at home. There were no signs of a break-in, and investigators do not suspect foul play. The coroner's office expects to have an autopsy done by Monday afternoon.

Mays' wife, Deborah Mays, says the family doesn't expect to make any public statements and asked for privacy.

Mays was also featured on the reality TV show "Pitchmen" on the Discovery Channel, which followed Mays and Anthony Sullivan in their marketing jobs.

Discovery Channel spokeswoman Elizabeth Hillman released a statement Sunday extending sympathy to the Mays family.

"Everyone that knows him was aware of his larger-than-life personality, generosity and warmth," Hillman's statement said. "Billy was a pioneer in his field and helped many people fulfill their dreams. He will be greatly missed as a loyal and compassionate friend."
    from Yahoo News
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

MRD

Wow, what a strange week.
    Does this mean, those commercials will stop?
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I saw that on my home page and couldn't believe it. I guess since the world population is increasing, big-names will start dying in fours, not threes... Let's hope it stops there. I'll be glad when this death month ends.

+ Reply to Thread