+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 355 FirstFirst ... 28293031323334353637383940414243444546474888138 ... LastLast
Like Tree865Likes

Thread: Rest In Peace.

Re: Rest In Peace.

Once, shortly before he retired, Johnny Carson gave the definition of old.

For those youngsters who don't know who Johnny Carson was, he had Conan's job before Jay Leno.

per Johnny: "Old is 15 years older than you are."

Think about it. It's true.

Premium Member

Actor Johnny Palermo dies in car accident - Yahoo! Canada News

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Actor Johnny Palermo, who appeared in more than 30 television shows in his brief career, died June 8 in an early morning car accident in North Hollywood, Calif. He was 27.

His girlfriend, Alessandra Giangrande, who was driving at the time, also was killed, and her brother suffered serious injuries. Palermo and Giangrande were pronounced dead at the scene.

Palermo was a regular on the Nickelodeon series "Just for Kicks" and appeared in three episodes of the CW's "Everybody Hates Chris" as Frank DiPaolo, Chris' overgrown classmate.

Palermo also appeared in "Cold Case," "General Hospital," "CSI: Miami," "Rules of Engagement," "How I Met Your Mother" and "CSI: NY." This fall, the native of Rochester, N.Y., can be seen in the indie film "Pizza With Bullets."

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3494365;
    I didn't realize there was an age limit on performing certain sexual activities with your partner. Where can I find that list because lord knows I wouldn't want to offend anyone by what I do in the privacy of my own home.

And by the way all you youngsters need to stop all this public display of affection because I asked all my friends and we find it icky.
    You didn't ask me, but I do agree with you.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I didn't realize there was an age limit on performing certain sexual activities with your partner. Where can I find that list because lord knows I wouldn't want to offend anyone by what I do in the privacy of my own home.

And by the way all you youngsters need to stop all this public display of affection because I asked all my friends and we find it icky.
    I realize this is a serious thread, but I just loved your last line. I am with tears in my eyes.
    There's no place like home!

I have to say, imissme, as you get older, you might develop a little bit more tolerance for us oldies. We all are different ages, different cultures, different religions, different sexes and we come together to discuss things. We don't always agree, but we can agree to disagree. On the subject of you thinking "ewwy", that's your right.

I also agree MRD that just because you're an actor, your private life shouldn't be in the public eye. I believe in personal space and private times. For the ones who are out there flouting themselves, let it be. For the ones who make a movie/tv show, do their promoting, then want to go home and be private, let them. There's enough of the fruitcakes that want to be in the public eye...

So true.

Unk.

It's not the kinkiness that makes this story so distasteful to me - it's the sheer stupidity of a grown man putting a rope around their neck for recreational purposes. It's a insanely idiotic practice. I would liken it to someone getting ****faced drunk and hopping into their car - you know damn well you're doing something dangerous and what the consequences could be. How unfortunate that Carradine will probably be remembered for this instead of his career accomplishment.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Weighing in the David Carradine story. I've tried to give it a lot of thought, so I hope this comes out how I mean it. I think he did have a right to his personal life because a personal life is just that: personal. The pictures and story spread out across the net, etc. should not have happened, IMO.

Having said that, I'm kind of glad it did, because all the articles I've read said that this happens all the time. That in order to protect the families nothing is usually mentioned, they call it suicide. Unfortunately, it does seem to be a big problem, but no one is talking about it. It's one thing to do kinky stuff in one's own space, another that this particular thing leads to death, frequently from what I'm gathering. People think they have fail-safes, that they have it figured out so nothing happens to them. It's simply not true. The one article I read mentioned that even people who have done it a lot, so have had it work successfully previously, still have things go wrong.

I hope that since it did come out about Carradine's death that it will open up lines of communcation about how dangerous it is to prevent further deaths.

I first read about AEA more than 15 years ago when it was mentioned in a novel. So, I know it happens quite a bit.
    I don't equate it with someone getting crazy drunk and then going out and doing something foolhardy, as that typically involves another, albeit innocent, person. Usually the drunk person decides to drive a car.
    In this case, however, Mr. Carradine and others do this to themselves. They don't hurt anyone else. They are being daredevils, just like people who drive racecars, use drugs, go sky diving, etc.
    As long as people don't hurt others, they should be able to do what they want.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Let's keep this thread on track, please.

+ Reply to Thread