+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 350 FirstFirst ... 26272829303132333435363738394041424344454686136 ... LastLast
Like Tree841Likes

Thread: Rest In Peace.

FORT Fogey

Re: Rest In Peace.

(And just a word of warning to anyone having curiosity to look at the photo that is supposed to be available--don't do it.
    You'll regret it and have that image in your mind for a long long time.

It's an ugly situation. Really ugly. You don't want that image in your head.)

Quote Originally Posted by imissme;3486097;
    I am sorry. But, I gotta stick with my "eww" to this old guy doing what they say he was doing. I know I am young, but, seriously that is really really old. Everytime I look at his picture on TMZ I cant help but get the shakes over the thought of him in that closet. Ew.
    David Carradine was always very different. People maintain the essence of what they are regardless of their age. He also was admittedly a former drug user, so sex could have been more important as a "drug-like" experience. It's a mistake to feel that the essence of what somebody IS changes with age, it can be modified, but it really never completely changes. If a person is dissatisfied with life and needs something "extra" this is an example of the end of that line. I fully believe his 3rd ex-wife's claim that he was involved in auto-erotic behavior. Again, he always impressed me as being very strange. One of the last pictures of him shows him coming out of a store barefoot. That's strange to me for a person in his 70s.

I could care less about his sexual proclivity. That should be his business and nobody else's, as long as he is not hurting anyone else.
    And, as far as his going barefoot in his 70's, perhaps he never read that memo that says - Once you get to be of a certain age, you must never appear barefoot and / or engage in sexual relations because that can only be done by younger people.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3491734;
    I could care less about his sexual proclivity. That should be his business and nobody else's, as long as he is not hurting anyone else.
    And, as far as his going barefoot in his 70's, perhaps he never read that memo that says - Once you get to be of a certain age, you must never appear barefoot and / or engage in sexual relations because that can only be done by younger people.
    I believe that unless you're coming out a store at the beach or in Santa Cruz, Ca that's strange at any age.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

MRD

It's a shame he died and the details of his death should have been kept private. I have said numerous times that we really don't need to know ALL the details of the private lives of celebrities or politicians. Especially their sexual lives. Just about all adults engage in sexual activities and how they enjoy it is THEIR business as long as it doesn't hurt others or take advantage of minors. And as for going barefoot, there is a whole group of people that engage in that activity. CBS Sunday morning did a piece about them a few months ago. Again, so what? I go barefoot as much as possible. Not in stores no, but again, who is he hurting? No one.

I'm sure I have some habits that you all might think strange, just as you probably have habits I'd think strange. As long as those habits are legal and don't hurt others, when WTH?

And I always said that I couldn't wait to get old so I could do and say as I pleased and people would excuse it by saying: "oh, she's just old, nevermind her."
    But I see that that isn't the case anymore, once you get old, you apparantly just get gross.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Fogey

Myrosiedog--I agree with you.

In cases like this most newspapers and news media do NOT report the details--or are not given the details in the rirst place by the police--which is why many people have not heard of this kind of activity before--even though it is far from uncommon.

IMO it was someone with the Thai police--who let this "slip"---most likely for a good amount of cash.

Very sad--the entire situation.

MRD

I happen to know that the Knight-Ridder newspaper chain makes it a point to NOT report suicides at all. They feel that the attention pushes others to seek that kind of attention for their own suicides.

But this wasn't a suicide. Still, the details should have been kept private and I don't think it would have mattered where it happened. Same would have happened in the US. The tabloids pay a good amount of cash in this country too. The public here has come to believe a little too much of freedom of the press. Was intended to keep people accountable, not to expose dirty laundry so to speak.

David Carradine was on Mental last night--a new tv show and possibly his last tv performance. He didnt speak throut the entire show and still gave a powerful performance! No matter what else, he was a terrific actor.

FORT Fanatic

Why is it that someone who seeks out fame deserve privacy when it reveals something they dont want revealed to the public? But when they want the same public to shell out cash to see their latest movie they run around from one news outlet to the next pretending to love the public.
    Gimmie a break. If the guy down the street wants to climb in his closet and do the kinky and he dies in the act, well fine, he gets to remain private. But when the actor who flaunted his private life whenever it suited his purposes gets caught in any weird situation... well they deserve that spotlight to be shining on them constantly, it is the price they pay for the money they make.
    Sorry, I know I am in the minority. You make your choices and you have to live with them, be they good or bad.
    Oh yeah, the whole age thing with the kinky sex makes it lots more ewwy. I asked all my friends and we are all in agreement, old people need to shut it down, dudes.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by imissme;3493948;
    Why is it that someone who seeks out fame deserve privacy when it reveals something they dont want revealed to the public? But when they want the same public to shell out cash to see their latest movie they run around from one news outlet to the next pretending to love the public.
    Gimmie a break. If the guy down the street wants to climb in his closet and do the kinky and he dies in the act, well fine, he gets to remain private. But when the actor who flaunted his private life whenever it suited his purposes gets caught in any weird situation... well they deserve that spotlight to be shining on them constantly, it is the price they pay for the money they make.
    Sorry, I know I am in the minority. You make your choices and you have to live with them, be they good or bad.
    Oh yeah, the whole age thing with the kinky sex makes it lots more ewwy. I asked all my friends and we are all in agreement, old people need to shut it down, dudes.

And us old folks could say the same about the younger generation, but we know you'll be where we are one day and realize the same things we realized: that when we were young, we knew nothing too.

An actor or actress has a job just like anyone else. Yes, it's more public than some of us, but it's still a job and when they are NOT on the job, they deserve just as much private life as the rest of us have when we leave work.

+ Reply to Thread