+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 339 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103 ... LastLast
Like Tree703Likes

Thread: Rest In Peace.

Re: Rest In Peace.

What a horrible way to wake up. I loved Bernie Mac, this is such a shock. Rest In Peace, you will be missed.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I'm completely sadden by this. I've always loved Bernie Mac. I remember reading news yesterday that he was going to be released in a couple of weeks and now this. What a terrible loss.

I'd read in the paper Monday that he was very ill, and then someone texted me a few hours later saying he had died. As soon as I got home and checked online I found out those rumors had been circulating all that day. So had I not logged on and saw it on MSN I would never have believed it. I had just heard his publicist say a day or two ago that he was improving and expected to make it. this saddens me so deeply. Sure he was politically incorrect at times, and I'm sad that the Barack Obama campaign jokes may well be the last big public thing he's known for, especially by people who didn't follow his comedy, but he was a funny guy and better yet a man that managed to stay married to his lifelong sweetheart. Not many people can say that these days. Also the premise for the Bernie Mac show, he really did take his neices and nephew in, and that made him a good family man all around. He will surely be missed! R.I.P. Bernie.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Yikes! That was a shock, but you can't convince me that his sarcoidosis didn't lead to his pneumonia. How very, very sad.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Oh, I was hoping that this wasn't true! Bernie Mac was so funny and his sitcom was one of the better ones. One of the funniest things I've ever seen was Bernie in The Kings of Comedy. His routine about his nieces and nephew made me laugh so hard I nearly peed my pants.

Oh, man. I didn't even know he'd been ill....and 50 is way too young. Another one of my favorite comedians gone.

RIP, Bernie.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Yahoo now has the news up - I'm just so sad to see him go. I had been praying he would make it through this. The man was not only a great comedian, but a truly good man and a great example to others. He will be greatly missed - and my thoughts and prayers go out to his family (the neices and nephew he raised especially).

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

oh, thanks for moving my bernie post, mods ... i have to admit, i rarely look at the forums for new threads and hadn't realized this thread was created. i read my stuff via the subscribed list in my control panel.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3160699;
    Yikes! That was a shock, but you can't convince me that his sarcoidosis didn't lead to his pneumonia. How very, very sad.
    I didn't know until I just read it on Perez that he had Sarcoidosis.
    I too have a hard time believing that wasn't a factor.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;3160689;
    I'd read in the paper Monday that he was very ill, and then someone texted me a few hours later saying he had died. As soon as I got home and checked online I found out those rumors had been circulating all that day. So had I not logged on and saw it on MSN I would never have believed it. I had just heard his publicist say a day or two ago that he was improving and expected to make it. this saddens me so deeply.
    Same thing happened to me; that's why today I didn't believe it until I read the obit on the Chicago Tribune's website. It's so sad. I can't tell you how many times I've said I was going to "get some milk and coookies." He was a fantastic man, and I will miss him. Rest in peace, Bernie.

+ Reply to Thread