+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree456Likes

Thread: Rest In Peace.

Re: Rest In Peace.

This is one of those things that make me angry. Not the gay/bi part, I don't give a darn one way or the other. But the "outing" of others either while they are alive or after they are gone, simply to get publicity & sell a story, or sometimes to put their victim in an awkward or uncomfortable place out of sheer meanness & bulliness.

It's no one's business except the person themselves. It's their right to "come out" or not, whether gay, bi, straight, transsexual or anything else. Nobody else has that right to someone else's personal decisions.

Some jerk just looking for a scandal paycheck. I didn't even read the article. Didn't want to. Didn't have to.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Since when is the National Enquirer a reputable source? Whether or not PSH was gay or not isn't the issue, but what kind of person is Mr. Katz to sell out his dear friend just days after his passing? What a s*um bag!

ETA: Now he's denying he ever spoke to the National Enquirer. Either way, how terribly upsetting for PSH's life partner and their children. Screenwriter denies report he was Hoffman’s gay lover | Page Six

I'm just going to ignore the Enquirer report. It doesn't change anything. It seems it is just something to try to add hurt to this family. (They did get the John Edwards love child story right. I guess that's when people starting sort of believing them.)
    Last edited by Debb70; 02-05-2014 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Since when is the National Enquirer a reputable source? Whether or not PSH was gay or not isn't the issue, but what kind of person is Mr. Katz to sell out his dear friend just days after his passing? What a s*um bag!

ETA: Now he's denying he ever spoke to the National Enquirer. Either way, how terribly upsetting for PSH's life partner and their children. Screenwriter denies report he was Hoffman’s gay lover | Page Six
    He is scum, I just hope his children know enough to ignore rags..
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

So it looks as though there was no fentanyl in the heroine that killed PSH. It's hard to imagine using drugs to a point where you OD like that. He must have been using really hard lately. I do know that it does become harder and harder to get that high as your body gets used to the toxins.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Saying that someone got "bad" heroin is like saying they drank "bad" gasoline.
    NCLurker likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

There is a drug called Naloxone that can reverse some drug overdoses. The only problem with that is someone else has to be around to see that one is OD'ing and give the injection. Sadly, people who OD do so because they use alone. Hoffman's death might have been prevented, which certainly adds to the tragedy.

This is happening all over the world. Once doctors cut their patients off of meds like Oxycodone and Oxycontin, those who still want pain relief or want to get the high will go to the illegal street drugs and the result is death. More needs to be done with non-drug pain relief management. I've worked in pharmacy a long time, those who became addicted to pain meds did not intend to get addicted to them. It happens to those you least expect. Any one could get addicted because that class of drugs builds up a very quick tolerance in the body. Here in Canada a new form of Oxycontin was made that could not be snorted, sniffed or liquefied and while this is a good thing, if a user wants to get high, they will just find something else to do it.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

The National Enquirer is a peice of trash and I always get pissed off and grossed out when I see one of their disgusting front covers in the stores we go to.

LOL very true. I didn't call it "bad" though. I was referring to the strain that is killing people. The heroin – variously labeled as ‘Bud ice’, ‘Income tax’ and ‘Theraflu’ – has been linked to more than 100 deaths from coast to coast.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Hmm I guess they have arrested 4 people in this case, however they cant be held responsible for their clients death..WHAT? this world is so screwed up
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread