+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree866Likes

Thread: Rest In Peace.

Re: Rest In Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Oh I agree, Fanny, and count myself among those who admired his work. I've just never understood the how or why actors, athletes, etc are so revered in our culture. It is a shame yes, he was very talented, but I don't find his death any more horrifying than finding out the older 25 year old brother of my son's classmate, died last week of a heroin overdose.
    For me, although I did not *know* him , I still feel very personally affected by his death. I think that speaks to the talent he possessed as an actor, to reach out and make people feel.
    I am sorry for your sons classmate.
    momrek06 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I'm guessing he is under contract.
    If you're talking about Boitano, he's part of the U.S. delegation to represent the United States, kind of like when the president or first lady goes to the Olympics (the Obamas aren't attending). He's not there as a diplomat, athlete, coach, or commentator, so I imagine they would let him bow out if he wished, given the circumstances. It's not as if he's the sole representative. He'd be missed, but I imagine the Russians would also understand why he might choose to remain home with his family under the circumstances--though perhaps he will attend anyway. Everyone handles such situations differently, and there's no right or wrong way to grieve.

For that matter, the Olympics last quite a while. He could join the delegation midway too.
    Punkin likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I literally gasped when I saw that he had died. How terribly sad. He was so talented and far too young
    I did too. This death truly shocked me. I feel so sad for his children.

I was busy all day! Got home put on the SB and then saw FB friends posting about PSH. Whatttttttttt. Noooooooo.

I am shocked. I like him so much. I have seen all his movies and saw him on Broadway in "Long Day's Journey into Night" as well as "Death Of A Salesman"! What amazing performances by PSH.

This is a huge loss. I feel horrible for his family.

Last edited by momrek06; 02-03-2014 at 12:56 AM.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    KAREN

I am reading they found 50 bags of heroin at his apartment. It makes me wonder if he intentionally overdosed.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

There are other signs that don't line up with a suicide - primarily one of the tip-offs that something was wrong was that he was supposed to pick up his kids and did not. I think one of the great tragedies / messes of addiction is that a person is so desparate fora higher high that they become irrational in seeking it.

50 bags! That's crazy! I wonder if he was dealing too? That's a huge amount to even think of doing yourself - wow! Apparently he was drug free for 23 years and just recently started them up again. I feel horrible for his children, family and friends. I heard this morning that The Hunger Games: Mockingjay will continue to roll out their movie as planned. Apparently his part (Plutarch) in the movie was almost done, with 7 days left of taping for him to do.
    bee stung lips likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I am reading they found 50 bags of heroin at his apartment. It makes me wonder if he intentionally overdosed.
    I don't know how you would even get that much heroin into you at once before you expired. He could have just been planning a long binge. Since most of the bags were still full, I don't think it was a suicide.

Now there's speculation that the heroin he got is some of the stuff that's been killing people. Apparently, it's laced with a drug that's like 100 times stronger than morphine - it's used for cancer patients - and can just shut down the respiratory system. According to TMZ, authorities said that over 40 people on the East coast died as a result of this heroin in January alone. As if heroin isn't scary enough, right?
    Punkin and mesachick like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I don't know how you would even get that much heroin into you at once before you expired. He could have just been planning a long binge. Since most of the bags were still full, I don't think it was a suicide.

Now there's speculation that the heroin he got is some of the stuff that's been killing people. Apparently, it's laced with a drug that's like 100 times stronger than morphine - it's used for cancer patients - and can just shut down the respiratory system. According to TMZ, authorities said that over 40 people on the East coast died as a result of this heroin in January alone. As if heroin isn't scary enough, right?
    I bet it was for a binge then, but he was going to pick up his kids, so I wonder. Maybe he wanted a little bit and got the bad stuff (not that its good anyway)? Was he going to shoot up with his kids around? Can one function on a "little" bit of heroin?
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I have read that days earlier he was in Atlanta and was in a bar having drinks. He kept getting up to go to the bathroom. Others say it seemed odd and that he looked out of it. Then there is a photo of him on a flight to NY on t m z. Not that it's important, but it looks like he is in coach. Why not first class? Odd, IMO. Someone took a photo of him on the plane and said he looked out of it. A shuttle car picked him up at arrival to get him out of there.

I also heard on the news tonight that he had recently broken up with his girlfriend. I saw a photo of the 3 children and they are so precious. Three little gingers and cute as can be.

+ Reply to Thread