+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree864Likes

Thread: Rest In Peace.

FORT Fogey

Re: Rest In Peace.

I have seen Theresa Caputo fish when she was a guest on a talk show. It must have been awkward for her because she really didn't hit on anything. I have not seen her show, where things are edited.

I question all of them. Do people who have transitioned really want to tell someone that they are ok? When Steven Jobs was in the final stage of leaving his last words were, wow, wow, wow. If he were to talk to anyone I think he would say, "this is so cool" or something to denote what a grand experience being there is. And I believe we all have that same experience.

We all have the ability to be psychic and often are. Every know who is on the other end of the phone when it is ringing or call someone to find that they are calling you at the same time? I do think it is possible that some have psychic flashes and can glean something about our lives that is real but probably not on command.
    Punkin likes this.

I think we've gone far enough off topic in this thread. If someone wants to start a thread to discuss psychics and mediums, that's totally cool, but let's get back to the R.I.P. discussion.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Don't know if it's true or not, but it was reported that Paul Walker (he was the other guy in Vin Diesel's Fast and Furious movies) was killed in a car crash.

Some sites are saying it's true, some are saying it's the hoax that's been going around and around and around (but most recently featured prominent football players)
    Last edited by Little Sew&Sew; 11-30-2013 at 10:50 PM.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Just saw it in the New York Daily apparently in a Porsche
    Paul Walker dead at 40: report - NY Daily News
    Last edited by MsDiva2007; 11-30-2013 at 11:22 PM.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

It's popping up all over Facebook . . . most quoting TMZ as their source. NBC's page says "according to his official Facebook page" meaning they took the news as true. I have no idea who manages either Paul's Facebook page or his Twitter account (both of which could have been hacked, I suppose)

Horrible twist of fate after making all of those F&F movies.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I was just coming here to report that I had seen news of Paul's passing on Yahoo's home page.
    Movie Pictures | Movie Posters - Yahoo Movies

"When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

He and his friend died in the crash. So sad.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Admittedly, I wasn't never really a fan of Paul Walker, nothing against him, he just never really been on my radar, more than likely because I never had enough interest in any of the Fast and Furious movies to go about watching them. That said, this tragic event hit me like a ton of bricks last night. So horrific, so unexpected. From what I've read he was committed to charitable causes and this in an of itself speaks to his character. At only 40 years of age, he's gone way too soon.

RIP to him and prayers, thoughts and condolences to his family.
    Punkin and jucamer like this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Admittedly, I wasn't never really a fan of Paul Walker, nothing against him, he just never really been on my radar, more than likely because I never had enough interest in any of the Fast and Furious movies to go about watching them. That said, this tragic event hit me like a ton of bricks last night. So horrific, so unexpected. From what I've read he was committed to charitable causes and this in an of itself speaks to his character. At only 40 years of age, he's gone way too soon.

RIP to him and prayers, thoughts and condolences to his family.

I had never heard of him either and had the same reaction. An accident is always jarring and he was so young. To his parents and daughter <3
    Punkin, bee stung lips and jucamer like this.

+ Reply to Thread