+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree526Likes

Thread: Rest In Peace.

Re: Rest In Peace.

David Frost - loved him. I remember his interview with Nixon, of course, but I also remember him hosting TW3 (That Was the Week That Was). It was around the same time as Laugh-In and The Smothers Brothers, somewhat in that genre, and it was so funny. Other regulars were Paul Sand and Nancy Ames, and they had some outstanding guest stars.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Any talk radio fans who know and listened to Don Wade and Roma. Don passed away this weekend following a year long battle with a malignant brain tumor.

He was a morning host with his wife Roma ...on WLS AM (Chicago) for 27 years and iconic and a radio legend.

Legendary WLS Radio Host Don Wade Dies CBS Chicago

89 WLS - Remembering Don Wade (1941-2013)
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I used to listen to Don Wade every so often. I k new he was sick.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I used to listen to Don Wade every so often. I knew he was sick.
    The sickness was a brain tumor and he was gone in about one year. BUT ... he never, ever gave up.

He was just a highly regarded person ... sort of an extraordinary, ordinary guy.

Mohandas Gandhi

I'm not a fan of boxing, but former heavyweight champion Ken Norton, has died at the age of 70. He fought Ali twice, one win, one loss, both split decisions. Most people know his son, Ken, Jr., from his days as an NFL linebacker with the Cowboys and 49'ers, and he's currently a coach with the Seahawks.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Whoa! Sorry to hear that.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

RIP, Ken.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

She's not really a celebrity, but Carolyn Cassady, the wife of Jack Kerouac's traveling companion Neal Cassady (and lover to Kerouac) has died at the age of 90. I mostly wanted to post this, because I needed a place to say "OMG! I can't believe that those Beat Generation people are/would be in their 90s no. Crazy!

Writer Carolyn Cassady of Beat Generation Dies - ABC News
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

They had an exceptionally long In Memoriam on the Emmy's tonight ... plus a number of personal tributes. Such a long list!

Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    They had an exceptionally long In Memoriam on the Emmy's tonight ... plus a number of personal tributes. Such a long list!
    Yes, so many people whose work I liked or loved passed on this year. I had forgotten about some of them. I like the In Memoriams the award show do since they refresh my memory about those we lost during the year.

+ Reply to Thread