+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree866Likes

Thread: Rest In Peace.

Re: Rest In Peace.

What a wonderful actress she was!

RIP, Julie.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Rest in Peace all of them. There have ben so mkany recent deaths bot young and old. It is all sobering and sad.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I saw that about Elmore Leonard, one of my favorite authors. A lot of people may know him more from his films and tv. They include among others, Get Shorty, 3:10 to Yuma, Mr. Majestik, and several episodes of Justified.
    Loved his books. Get Shorty is one of my favorite movies, too.

FORT Fogey

Sir David Frost, journalist/broadcaster/author, has died of a heart attack while aboard the cruise ship Queen Elizabeth.

I'm not sure if we count animals as celebrities, but Gus, a Central Park Zoo polar bear, who'd been in residence there for over twenty years, had to be euthanized due to an inoperable tumor.

Both of these deaths were reported on CBS Sunday Morning.

David Frost! Wow. I remember him. I'll have to look that up. Thanks.
    Count your blessings!

David Frost.

Wow.

I used to watch him interviewing people, and I remember when he and Diahann Carroll were involved/engaged, too.

RIP, Sir David.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Seems like he ought to be older.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I loved him. He cut right to the chase in his interviews, well at least when he first started. Rip, Mr Frost
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

David Frost was an iconic classic in the world of interview television.

RIP CBS on TWC. If not for that loss, I would have seen the story this morning on my favorite show, CBS Sunday Morning.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

I think part of the reason it seems like David Frost should be older is that he achieved fame relatively early, especially for a broadcaster. Apparently he'd delivered a speech on the cruise ship shortly before he died, so I take it the heart attack was sudden and unexpected.

BTW, the other death CBS Sunday Morning reported, that of Gus the polar bear was interesting in that when the bear first arrived at the Central Park Zoo, he was three and started swimming obsessively--like 12 hours a day. They brought in a psychoanalyst, who decided that he was basically one very bored bear, so they zoo had to design activities that would require him to do things, like figure out how to get his food out of various containers. I found that intriguing, because nowadays, people generally understand that it's possible for animals to get bored and to prefer to have a job of some kind to do, even if it's just to keep you company, but then it was a comparatively new idea. That's why I tell people that it was really good for my late dog, who adored people, to work as a therapy dog at a nursing home, and why I'm working with the new puppy to do the same thing.

The new puppy didn't care about either of the obits, but he was fascinated by the short clip of prairie dogs they showed at the end of Sunday Morning. He cocked his head back and forth so fast and so frequently I thought he was going to give himself a severe case of canine whiplash.

+ Reply to Thread