Re: Rest In Peace.

Troubled '70s Show' star Lisa Robin Kelly dies at age 43 - NBC News.com

Troubled '70s Show' star Lisa Robin Kelly dies at age 43
    Gael Fashingbauer Cooper , NBC News
    Facebook Share on Facebook Twitter LinkedIn GooglePlus Email
    14 minutes ago

IMAGE: Lisa Robin Kelly
    Getty Images file
    Lisa Robin Kelly, seen here in 2000, was best known for her role as Eric Forman's sister on "That 70s Show."
    Lisa Robin Kelly, who played Eric Forman's older sister Laurie for two seasons on "That '70s Show," died Wednesday at age 43, her agent Craig Wyckoff said Thursday.

"Unfortunately, Lisa Robin Kelly passed away last evening," Wyckoff said in a statement. "Lisa had voluntarily checked herself into a treatement faciility early this week where she was battling the addiction problems that have plagued her these past few years. I spoke to her on Monday and she was hopeful and confident, looking forward to putting this part of her life behind her. Last night she lost the battle."

Wyckoff said that no cause of death had yet been determined.

Kelly played Laurie for the Fox comedy's first two seasons, then left the show for two years, returning for occasional appearances during the fifth season. The role was recast with another actress for the sixth season.

She told ABC News that she lost a baby during her time on the show and as a result, " I lost everything and I was abusing alcohol."

Kelly had been in the news recently for various encounters with the law. In June, she was charged with parking on an active freeway near Burbank, Calif. She pled guilty to DUI in 2010 in North Carolina. In March of 2012, she was arrested on a felony charge of corporal injury upon a spouse and released on bail. The L.A. County district attorney declined to file charges in that case.

In November 2012, Kelly and her husband were both arrested for assault after a disturbance at their North Carolina home. They were later released on bond.

Kelly majored in acting at Chicago's DePaul University, graduating in 1992. She also appeared on such TV shows as "Married ... with Children," "Murphy Brown," and had small roles in movies, including 1999's "Jawbreaker."
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Apparently, she went into cardiac arrest during the night at the treatment facility, and they couldn't revive her. I guess we'll find out whether it was during early detox stages and that stressed her body or whether it was something else.

Whatever the case, I hope she has found peace now!
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

What a terrible waste. Sadly, we all knew it was only time.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I saw a headline about a star from That 70's Show dying and I knew who it was without looking. Such a waste.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I saw a headline about a star from That 70's Show dying and I knew who it was without looking. Such a waste.
    I know, I knew who it was right away.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Not a HUGE star ... but the stuntman, Mark Sutton, who played James Bond and parachuted out of a helicopter with a stunt Queen Elizabeth at the 2012 London Olympics has dies in an accident.

James Bond Parachutist At London Olympics Dies In Accident : The Two-Way : NPR
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Lee Thompson Young (Rizzoli & Isles, The Famous Jett Jackson, more) has died at 29 from what appears to be a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

What a shame. May he rest in peace.

I'm not familiar with him, but am sorry to hear of his death. It's just so terribly sad when someone so young feels there's no other solution.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    Lee Thompson Young (Rizzoli & Isles, The Famous Jett Jackson, more) has died at 29 from what appears to be a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

What a shame. May he rest in peace.
    Oh my goodness. How sad. It seems this type of thing is happening too often. Prayers for his family.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I'm not familiar with Mr. Thompson Young's work, either, but how sad that he felt suicide was his only option. It's so frightening that it's becoming more commonplace, and at age 29 seems even more tragic. He was a handsome young man from the photo shown. May he rest in peace. Former Disney Channel Star Lee Thompson Young Found Dead | Yahoo! TV - Yahoo! TV

+ Reply to Thread