+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree458Likes

Thread: Rest In Peace.

Re: Rest In Peace.

This new has caused me to think about them and I remembered another little factoid. Eydie Gorme and Neil Sedaka are first cousins.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Hadn't heard about Eydie Gormé. So sorry to hear that.
    I had heard about Karen Black.
    My sister saw her at a party a few years ago and said she looked well. We were both very sorry to hear the news. I believe it was ampullary cancer- a rare type.
    I will always remember Karen Black as Rayette in Five Easy Pieces. That role, and she, were classic. Such a poignant portrayal. To this day, Five Easy Pieces is probably one of my all time favorite country songs as a result!.

I remember Michael Ansara from Cochise and from his marriage to Barbara Eden.

The last living King Sister - Marilyn - died.
    They were all over TV with their own singing show back in the early 70's. She is survived by 2 great nephews, among others. The former are in the group, Arcade Fire. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, I guess.

RIP, all. You each gave me some very pleasant memories.
    Last edited by norealityhere; 08-11-2013 at 01:28 AM.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I remember the King sisters very well and also enjoyed their shows, including the King Family variety show. Tina Cole, who had some success as an actress and is most well know as Katie on My Three Sons, was Yvonne's daughter.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I always thought Eydie Gorme's bubble cheeks were adorable! She and Steve just looked like they really belonged together....too cute!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I'm so saddened by Marilyn King and Eydie Gorme's deaths.

I LOVED watching the King Family on "The Hollywood Palace", then their own network shows. They were such WONDERFUL entertainers. And it was fun seeing all 5,000 of 'em en masse on their shows. They all seemed to love each other very much and were all SO talented!

Eydie.

Wow.

Boy, could she sing! And she and Steve just lit up the screen when they appeared together! It was obvious that they were so much in love.

RIP, Marilyn and Eydie.

I'll miss you, both.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I feel exactly the same about both of them, ness.

When I was a kid and a young adult, I used to go the Borscht Belt hotels frequently (aka Catskill Mountains). Steve and Eydie used to appear there regularly so I was fortunate enough to see them perform in person many times along with so many other great entertainers. It was just a two-hour drive from Manhattan, so I used to go for weekends very often with my friends and later with my husband. The dining room in the Concord held 5,000 people and everything except tips and drinks was included. It was much like what you saw in Dirty Dancing except that the hotels were bigger and grander and included golf, tennis, fishing, and pretty much anything else you could want. How I miss those weekends.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Very sad to hear about Edyie Gorme's passing. Although I am a quite a bit younger than the demographic she and her husband Steve appealed to, I have many memories of watching them with my mom on the various talk shows and late night television. My late mom was a huge fan of theirs and saw them in concert several times when they performed at Westbury Music Fair in Long Island. Had she been ill? I know for the last several years I had only seen Steve performing solo, but thought perhaps she had retired. RIP, Edyie.

The King Sisters...wow, a blast from the past. I was just a kid but I remember watching their television show. What a talented family they were! RIP, Marilyn.

No cause of death for Eydie Gorme was reported, but I had heard that she had cancer. I don't know if it's true or not, or if it is true, for how long. She was about seven or eight years aloder than Steve. I shall miss her and her Streisand quality voice.

I moved the posts regarding the death of Gia Allemand to her thread in the BP3 forum. Her death was reported in three different threads which is two too many.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    I moved the posts regarding the death of Gia Allemand to her thread in the BP3 forum. Her death was reported in three different threads which is two too many.
    Wow! Sorry to hear that she died.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

+ Reply to Thread