+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree688Likes

Thread: Rest In Peace.

Re: Rest In Peace.

Aw, I'm sad to hear about Sean. He always seemed like such a sweet guy. I remember his commitment ceremony with Pedro.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Aw, I'm sad to hear about Sean. He always seemed like such a sweet guy. I remember his commitment ceremony with Pedro.
    I remember it too.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I just read that Karen Black died today at 74 from cancer. I saw the picture in the article & she looked pretty rough.
    She was super sexy back in the day.
    RIP Karen
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Karen Black has passed away. RIP, Mother Firefly.

http://www.people.com/people/mobile/...724347,00.html

Jinx, Miss S.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Wow.

I remember Karen Black best from a LOT of the stuff she did in the 70s, like "Five Easy Pieces", "Airport '75", and "Trilogy of Terror", among others.

She was a really fine actress.

RIP, Karen.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Definitely from Five Easy Pieces and Easy Rider, but also from Portnoy's Complaint, Nashville, and the Redford version of The Great Gatsby.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I was always fascinated by her crossed-eyes. She made crossed-eyes look good! There was something soft about her look. I enjoyed her acting.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I was always fascinated by her crossed-eyes. She made crossed-eyes look good! There was something soft about her look. I enjoyed her acting.
    I thought she was sexy- and her eyes
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Just read that Eydie Gorme died. Loved when she and her husband sang together.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

I'm so sorry to hear about Eydie Gorme. I loved her. I remember when she and Steve Lawrence started together on The Steve Allen show long before they fell in love and were married. She had a fantastic voice. I've wondered about her quite a bit over the years because Steve has kept working and she kind of disappeared although I think she's continued to do a little recording work. They've been married for 55 years.

Interesting little factoid: Steve Lawrence's high school prom date was gossip columnist Rona Barrett.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread