+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree705Likes

Thread: Rest In Peace.

Re: Rest In Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I remember the accident too and her distinctive voice.
    YEAH!

That VOICE!!!

She and Suzanne Pleshette had two of my most favorite female voices, ever! Rich, deep, smoky and sultry.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    It saddens me that no one has responded to the passing of JJ Cale. Just to jog your memory,here is a sampling of the wonderful music he was responsible for delivering.

Eric Clapton took many advantages to record JJ's music. Some of his most well known songs were written by the man, like this one for example:

Eric Clapton/JJ Cale-After Midnight - YouTube

Mr. Clapton once again mined the works of JJ for this one:

JJ Cale, Cocaine - YouTube

And if this doesn't get the head to bobbin I'd suggest a doctor:

J.J. Cale - Crazy Mama (Studio) - YouTube
    Razorbacker, this man was an amazing musician.....great songwriter and guitar player. RIP J.J. Cale.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

So sad to hear about Eileen Brennan. Of course, 80 isn't bad.

In addition to Private Benjamin, I always think about her as Mrs Peacock in Clue.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    It saddens me that no one has responded to the passing of JJ Cale. Just to jog your memory,here is a sampling of the wonderful music he was responsible for delivering.

Eric Clapton took many advantages to record JJ's music. Some of his most well known songs were written by the man, like this one for example:

Eric Clapton/JJ Cale-After Midnight - YouTube

He was an amazing musician. A friend posted this one on Facebook, and I thought about sharing it, but I didn't know if it was OK to link to YouTube.

Eric Clapton/JJ Cale-Call Me The Breeze - YouTube

Mr. Clapton once again mined the works of JJ for this one:

JJ Cale, Cocaine - YouTube

And if this doesn't get the head to bobbin I'd suggest a doctor:

J.J. Cale - Crazy Mama (Studio) - YouTube
    He was an amazing musician. A friend posted this one on Facebook, and I thought about sharing it, but I didn't know if it was OK to link to YouTube.

Eric Clapton/JJ Cale-Call Me The Breeze - YouTube
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Michael Ansara died today at 91.
    The stories I read said he was best remembered as Klingon Commander Kang on 3 different Star Trek series.
    But I remember him on I Dream of Jeanie. I'm probably the only one who does. It's not even mentioned in the article. He played The Blue Djinn, who originally imprisoned Jeannie in her bottle before Major Nelson rescued her. He also played King Kamehameha in one Jeannie episode. I know that because I had I Dream of Jeanie on MeTV 2 nights ago & that's the episode I saw. I recognized him instantly. I remember him in both roles because he was an exceptionally good looking man with an exotic look, back in the day. Odd that he would die today, after just seeing that episode & remembering him.

He was in loads of other TV shows & movies that I'm sure many of us remember. Way too many to mention here.

RIP Michael. You are remembered by movie/TV fans like me.
    Last edited by Miss Scarlet; 08-02-2013 at 09:18 PM.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Michael Ansara was married to Barbara Eden for quite a few years. I always liked his work as an actor and was highly recognizable. They were married for quite a long time and had a son who died around 10 years ago.

Before that he was married to Jean Byron (mom Natalie on The Patty Duke Show). I knew her slightly and liked her. They, too, were married for several years.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Oh, wow.

MissScarlet, you're not the only one who remembers Michael Ansara as The Blue Djinn and Kamehameha on "Jeannie". I do, too! That was (and IS) one of my all-time favorite shows, and I watched it religiously, so yes, I recall him in those roles on "Jeannie".

He also played Cochise in the "Broken Arrow" 50s TV series, and an Egyptian taskmaster in the '56 DeMille "Ten Commandments". He was VERY handsome, exotic-looking and highly recognizable (as you and Flo have noted), and like, say, Vincent Price or James Earl Jones, he had a VERY distinctive voice. So even if you didn't SEE him onscreen, if you HEARD him, you'd INSTANTLY know who was speaking, if you'd ever heard him speak before.

91? What a long, long life!

He was a wonderful actor, and he'll be missed.

RIP, Michael.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I remember him from Jeanie too!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Not sure how many of you remember him from The Real World.

'Real World: San Francisco' Alum Sean Sasser Dead at 44 | TheWrap TV
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Not sure how many of you remember him from The Real World.

'Real World: San Francisco' Alum Sean Sasser Dead at 44 | TheWrap TV
    Yes I recall him. I used to watch every season of The Real World. He was Pedro's husband.

+ Reply to Thread