+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree864Likes

Thread: Rest In Peace.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Re: Rest In Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    I had the same thought ... and then thought well hope that means it is over!

There has been a lot on TV/Radio locally ... and I guess he was just a regular guy, and always willing to lend a hand. Again... extremely well liked.
    Yup...I remember thinking this and wondering who was next after hearing about Corey last week...and now we hear about Dennis...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

The great JJ Cale passed away today of a heart attack at the age of 74. The man was an incredible influence on some of today's top artists & a song writer extraordinare. RIP JJ, & don't wain until After Midnight to do it either!

I read today that "Kidd" Kraddick died yesterday. He was 53 - a DJ in Dallas, but part of the show Dish Nation, if anyone watches that?! The news report said they would release the cause of death at the proper time. Not sure what that means? Anyway, I liked him on Dish Nation - and 53 is too young.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I just heard about kid Kraddick's passing as well. Apparently, he was at a charity golf tournament at the time. The "cause of death" situation is odd to say the least.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_OBIT_DAVID_KIDD_KRADDICK?SI TE=WVEC&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE= DEFAULT
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

It saddens me that no one has responded to the passing of JJ Cale. Just to jog your memory,here is a sampling of the wonderful music he was responsible for delivering.

Eric Clapton took many advantages to record JJ's music. Some of his most well known songs were written by the man, like this one for example:

Eric Clapton/JJ Cale-After Midnight - YouTube

Mr. Clapton once again mined the works of JJ for this one:

JJ Cale, Cocaine - YouTube

And if this doesn't get the head to bobbin I'd suggest a doctor:

J.J. Cale - Crazy Mama (Studio) - YouTube

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Dennis Farina has died: Dennis Farina Dead -- 'Law & Order' Star Dies at 69 | TMZ.com

Very sad. I liked him a lot
    He is one of my favorite actors and my favorite scene from Get Shorty is on this link. Love the guy!

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

To be quite honest, I thought this person was already dead. I remember hearing - back in the mid 80's - that she was hit by a car and nearly killed. She took so many pain killers that she became addicted and later checked into the Betty Ford Clinic. Her voice was the thing I think I'll remember the most.

Oscar-Nominated Actress Eileen Brennan Dead at 80 - chicagotribune.com
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Eileen Brennan was a terrific actress. I remember the car accident, too. Loved her in Private Benjamin, Murder By Death, The Sting, and The Last Picture Show, among others.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    To be quite honest, I thought this person was already dead. I remember hearing - back in the mid 80's - that she was hit by a car and nearly killed. She took so many pain killers that she became addicted and later checked into the Betty Ford Clinic. Her voice was the thing I think I'll remember the most.

Oh my goodness!

I thought she'd maybe already died, too!

I remember her acting ("Murder by Death", "The Sting", for just a couple of examples). One of my favorite roles of hers was the one she did in "Private Benjamin" as Judy Benjamin's nemesis, Captain Lewis. She was HILARIOUS in that! I also remember Goldie Hawn (Judy) giving good reviews on Eileen at the time of "PBs" release, saying what a wonderful person and actress she was, and how they'd worked so well together on the movie.

I clearly recall hearing about her being hit by a car and badly injured. I seem to remember her having to use a cane to walk after that for awhile and hearing/reading that she'd become addicted to painkillers because of that.

RIP, Eileen.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post

I remember the accident too and her distinctive voice.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread