+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree692Likes

Thread: Rest In Peace.

Re: Rest In Peace.

Like you Miss Scarlet, I knew he wasn't a teen, but not 31! And the drug issues surprised me. Perhaps I didn't pay enough attention not being a fan of the show. REgardless, how sad.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Drug/alcohol addiction doesn't know age, talent, fame or fortune/financial status or whether you are a superstar. It doesn't discriminate. To die less than 2 months after rehab just seems so cruel. Condolences to his family, friends and cast members.

RIP Cory.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Coroner's report is in for Cory . . . . "mixed drug toxicity, including alcohol and heroin"

'Glee' star Cory Monteith died of heroin and alcohol mix, coroner says - NBC News.com
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Other sad news . . . . Cancer-stricken CoverGirl Talia Castellano dies at 13 - TODAY.com

Talia wasn't a "celebrity" like most of the people discussed here, but if you watched the right show at the right time, her story most likely moved you. I was going to put this in a thread I thought I had seen for Ellen Degeneres but that thread has either disappeared or it existed only in my imagination.

Thought the beautiful young girl deserved a bit of recognition. As always . . . . CANCER SUCKS!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    Coroner's report is in for Cory . . . . "mixed drug toxicity, including alcohol and heroin"

'Glee' star Cory Monteith died of heroin and alcohol mix, coroner says - NBC News.com
    He had so much to live for- it's so sad.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    Other sad news . . . . Cancer-stricken CoverGirl Talia Castellano dies at 13 - TODAY.com

Talia wasn't a "celebrity" like most of the people discussed here, but if you watched the right show at the right time, her story most likely moved you. I was going to put this in a thread I thought I had seen for Ellen Degeneres but that thread has either disappeared or it existed only in my imagination.

Thought the beautiful young girl deserved a bit of recognition. As always . . . . CANCER SUCKS!
    Yes it does. Her family is in my prayers.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

And mine, as well.

RIP, Talia.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Bless her, Rip little Talia
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I'm a little taken by the Cory death. Being so young and so talented...and handsome. And then doing heroin. I don't know what the answer is but it does make me think. And makes me sad.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

I had no idea that Cory struggled with addiction. Heroin has had a comeback from the 60's. I hear that it's very popular right now. I don't understand doing it even once. Growing up in the 70's, heroin was always the one drug that you wanted no part of. It was so scary and dangerous in our mind. There are those that do recover though. Jimmy Page, Eric Clapton, Keith Richards, and others somehow survived. I don't think any of them do it anymore though they were very addicted to heroin in their day.

+ Reply to Thread