+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree526Likes

Thread: Rest In Peace.

Re: Rest In Peace.

Haven't posted anything until now because I was in total shock.

I'm STILL reeling.

RIP, James.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

His son will be dealing with this for the rest of his life; his baby daughter will never know her father. Maybe I don't have it so bad, after all.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    His son will be dealing with this for the rest of his life; his baby daughter will never know her father. Maybe I don't have it so bad, after all.
    And THAT'S part of what's had me reeling since I heard it, shay . . .

How in the name of God is his son going to cope with having been the one to've found his father?

And his daughter?

Of course, he was known as a stellar actor, but she'll never get to know or experience him as a father and the very fine man that he apparently was.

Oh boy.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I really like his body of work. He provided me with many creepy moments!

'I Am Legend' author Richard Matheson has died at 87 - latimes.com
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I was a huge Soprano's fan and got to know and love James Gandolfino. Since then I've recognized him in a lot of movies like Get Shorty and many others I had seen without knowing who he was.

I've been "Beading" (making jewelry) for about 8 years as a hobby. I had to come up with a brand name to order supplies through an online catalog and had a hard time coming up with a catchy name. Then one night I woke up with the perfect name to imprint on my earring cards! Bada Bling! get it? Bada BLing!

RIP, dear James.

Long time Blues legend Bobby Blue Bland passed away yesterday. RIP BBB!!!

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Charlotte Brosnan - daughter of Pierce Brosnan - dead at 42 from ovarian cancer (same disease that caused the death of her mother Cassandra in 1991)

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/pierce-brosnans-daughter-charlotte-dies-2017552

I was surprised that he had a daughter who was in her 40's when he doesn't really look much older than that himself! He is 60 - we mark our birthdays on the same day, although he is a decade older.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    Charlotte Brosnan - daughter of Pierce Brosnan - dead at 42 from ovarian cancer (same disease that caused the death of her mother Cassandra in 1991)

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/pierce-brosnans-daughter-charlotte-dies-2017552

I was surprised that he had a daughter who was in her 40's when he doesn't really look much older than that himself! He is 60 - we mark our birthdays on the same day, although he is a decade older.
    Oh, how terribly sad. I remember when Pierce's wife Cassandra died. I think she was the love of his life and it took him a long, long time to marry Keely Chase Smith. (Is that her name?) If I recall correctly, wasn't Cassandra a bit older than Pierce? Still, even though he looks young, 60 seems a bit young to have a 42 year old child.

Charlotte was his step-daughter. IIRC, her mother was a bit older than Pierce.

It's just terribly sad, especially since her mother was lost to the same disease.

ECM- Pierce's wife is Keely Shaye Smith
    Last edited by Critical; 07-01-2013 at 10:59 PM.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

The article I read said that Cassandra was 50 when she died in 1991, so she would have been 72 this year if she had lived. I remember (vaguely) the talk about how much older she was than him, but he was just devastated when she died according to reports.

+ Reply to Thread