+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree458Likes

Thread: Rest In Peace.

Re: Rest In Peace.

What an awful shock. Tony Soprano is one of my favourite TV characters ever - I still watch the reruns on HBO. We just watched him in Killing Them Softly a few weeks ago...always have checked out his movies when they're on. Devastating news.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

While I wasn't a Sopranos fan, I am so shocked by this news. He wasn't much older then me and he seemed like a decent man who loved his craft. Wow, way too young.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    James Gandolfini dead at 51 - NY Daily News

James Gandolfini ... Dead at 51
    This one hurts. Not sure why, I didn't know him. We absolutely loved The Sopranos and he is close to us in age.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Just now finding out about James Gandofini....I am in shock. Geez...he was way too young..way too young.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I just heard about James Gandolfini, but I hadn't heard a thing about Vince Flynn. I'm in total shock. I loved his books and had such admiration for the fact that, against advice, he self-published his first book and eventually became a bestselling author.

So sad about both men. They were far too young.

ETA: For those unfamiliar with Vince Flynn: Best-selling author Vince Flynn dies at 47 | Fox News

James Gandolfini and his wife just had a baby last fall and Vince Flynn left behind three children. It's just too awful.
    Last edited by Critical; 06-19-2013 at 09:49 PM.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I just heard about James Gandolfini, but I hadn't heard a thing about Vince Flynn. I'm in total shock. I loved his books and had such admiration for the fact that, against advice, he self-published his first book and eventually became a bestselling author.

So sad about both men. They were far too young.

ETA: For those unfamiliar with Vince Flynn: Best-selling author Vince Flynn dies at 47 | Fox News

James Gandolfini and his wife just had a baby last fall and Vince Flynn left behind three children. It's just too awful.
    I didn't hear about Vince Flynn, I will have to tell hubby, he was a fan of his books. Aww, and he left three children. Very sad
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    There was a lot on the news about him today. Apparently President Bush said he liked his books and found them a little too realistic. I never read his books but will now.
    Be sure to check his website for the list of books in chronological order...the first Mitch Rapp book he wrote ended up being the third in the series. (He went back and wrote "American Assassin" and "Kill Shot" as books 1 and 2 to provide more background on why Mitch is who he is.)

Very sad to hear about James Gandolfini. I really enjoyed his character in The Sopranos. Much too young, for sure.
    Valar Morghulis

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

The news about James Gandolfini completely floored me. I didn't really get into The Sopranos until the last season, not long before the season finale. My son introduced me to the show, thank goodness. We made a huge date of making sure we saw the finale together, just the two of us. Even today, I spend at least 5 days/week studying Tony Soprano. I am blown away. I still can't get enough. The acting on that show was just amazing.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I must have seen every episode of the Sopranos at least a dozen times, maybe more. I loved that show and the guy we knew as "Tony." I am just sick over his death. Everyone I ever heard talk about James, said he was the nicest guy. He was good to his family, friends and even fans he just met. What a loss.

I've said a prayer for his family. I heard he was on vacation with a son who is 14 years old. I shudder to think how upset this sudden loss is for them. RIP James.

+ Reply to Thread