+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 347 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333474124 ... LastLast
Like Tree814Likes

Thread: Rest In Peace.

FORT Fogey

Re: Rest In Peace.

Was it known publicly that Ron Silver had cancer? I had no idea, and so the news that he'd died really surprised me this morning. He was always one who I'd put in my favorite category of actors -- those who fall into a role so much that you remember the character and not the actor. His face and voice were recognizable enough that you knew he was in the part. But he managed to bring enough that was different to each role that I always saw the character rather than "Ron Silver as ..." To me, that's truly ACTING, and he did it well.

I wasn't aware he was ill. While I was very disappointed by his change in politics, that was his business and took nothing away from his talent as an actor. I agree that he became the character and I enjoyed all his performances. He had a long and successful career that was well deserved.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I was shocked about Natasha Richardson. I thought maybe she'd pull through. She was such a stunningly beautiful woman & I loved her work.

I was very sad to hear of the news of Natasha Richardson's death. I was hoping the reports were mistaken and it wasn't as grave as reported. What a sad sad story. And pretty scary too. To think you are fine one minute and then take a turn for worse the next.

My heart goes out to her family and especially her boys.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Premium Member

Natasha Richardson Dead After Ski Accident

NEW YORK (March 18) — Tony-winning actress Natasha Richardson has died after suffering a head injury during a skiing accident at the age of 45. She was taken off of life support early Wednesday.
    Alan Nierob, the Los Angeles-based publicist for Richardson's husband Liam Neeson, confirmed her death in a written statement.

"Liam Neeson, his sons, and the entire family are shocked and devastated by the tragic death of their beloved Natasha," the statement said. "They are profoundly grateful for the support, love and prayers of everyone, and ask for privacy during this very difficult time."
    The statement did not give details on the cause of death for Richardson, who suffered a head injury when she fell on a beginner's trail during a private ski lesson at the luxury Mont Tremblant ski resort in Quebec. She was hospitalized Tuesday in Montreal and later flown to a hospital in New York City.
    Family members had been seen coming and going from the New York hospital where Richardson was reportedly taken.
    Vanessa Redgrave, Richardson's mother, arrived in a car with darkened windows and was taken through a garage when she arrived at the Lenox Hill Hospital on Manhattan's Upper East Side at around 5 p.m. Wednesday. An hour earlier, Richardson's sister, Joely, arrived alone and was swarmed by the media as she entered through the back of the hospital.
    TMZ reported on Tuesday that Richardson had fallen while taking a lesson on the slopes of the Canadian resort. They say there was no blood and no sign of impact. Two ski patrollers came to her rescue. When they got there she was conscious, smiling and making jokes.
    An hour later, Natasha started to complain of a headache. Someone from the resort called 911, and she was taken to the hospital in an ambulance, still conscious.
    It was a sudden and horrifying loss for her family and friends, for the film and theater communities, for her many fans and for both her native and adoptive countries. Descended from at least three generations of actors, Richardson was a proper Londoner who came to love the noise of New York, an elegant blonde with large, lively eyes, a bright smile and a hearty laugh.

Rest in Peace to both Natasha Richardson and Ron Silver, the acting world has truly suffered great losses this week. In Natasha's case such a shocking loss, that one moment everything could seem so simple, and in an instant it can all go so wrong. Prayers out to their loved ones.

This brought tears to my eyes. Such a sad situation. My heart and prayers go out to her family, especially her kids.

My heart goes out to Liam Neeson and their 2 boys as well as Joely and Vanessa Redgrave (mother).

We have lost a great person today as Natasha was a huge part of amfAR and a just a lovely person. We will all miss her greatly.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I'm not one easily affected by celebrity death. But I've listened to the Cabaret soundtrack so much over the past 10+ years, it is truly sad to hear that Frauline Sally Bowles has passed. Indeed, it is a short time from cradle to tomb. RIP, Ms. Richardson.

Re: Natasha Richardson's Serious Brain Injury

its really sad....i know a woman who fell down concrete steps and had a brain injury and went brain dead

i had someone tell me once that if you hit your head, even if you feel okay you have to get it checked out because even though you may feel fine, you still may have a serious injury

RIP

+ Reply to Thread