+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree864Likes

Thread: Rest In Peace.

Re: Rest In Peace.

Wow, two in one day. Margaret Thatcher passed as well. Margaret Thatcher Dead: Former UK Prime Minister Dies Of Stroke

Annette Funicello sure put up a valiant fight.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Both admirable women in their own rights. I LOVED the Mickey Mouse Club when I was little. I was more a fan of Karen and Cubby (the youngest) but I adored Annette. Margaret Thatcher was one in a million.
    Count your blessings!

RIP, Annette. Y? Because we like you......
    RIP, Margaret Thatcher. You were a strong PM, for sure.
    RIP, Roger Ebert. May you & Gene continue to do brilliant reviews up above!

Ok, that's 3! Please no more deaths.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Exactly what I was thinking on my drive home today! No more please.

I hope Annette is wearing her bikini and dancing up a storm on a heavenly beach somewhere!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post

Exactly what I was thinking on my drive home today! No more please.

I hope Annette is wearing her bikini and dancing up a storm on a heavenly beach somewhere!
    And the men in heaven are quite happy! She was one heck of a good looking woman!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I recall that Annette developed very early. Disney and his minions didn't like it and did everything they could to minimize her "assets" for as long as they could.

Anyone remember that Bobby from that era was the main male dancer on The Lawrence Welk Show for years.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

RIP, Baroness Thatcher.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Rip. Prime Minister Thatcher. You showed the UK who was boss, and it wasn't those unions!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I recall that Annette developed very early. Disney and his minions didn't like it and did everything they could to minimize her "assets" for as long as they could.

Anyone remember that Bobby from that era was the main male dancer on The Lawrence Welk Show for years.
    Annette? Disney and his minions??

Heck, YEAH, they tried to put Annette under wraps. I really do believe that if they thought they could've gotten away with putting her in a nun's habit on the beach, they would've TRIED it!

Like she had control over when she started bustin' out all over!!

BOBBY? LAWRENCE WELK????

SURE, I remember that, now that you've mentioned it! I LOVED watching him and his partners every week! He danced with a brunette, first, then a blonde, IIRC.

He was SO great on that show!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I do! Many (MANY) moons ago I took a tap class from him! He was lovely and so much fun!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread