+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree821Likes

Thread: Rest In Peace.

Re: Rest In Peace.

I don't think it was expected, at least not so quickly. His wife says they were getting ready to leave the hospital to go home and he just smiled and passed away. I'm glad it was a peaceful transition. He'd been through far too much over the last few years.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Lots of tweets about Roger Ebert's passing: Celebrities react to Roger Ebert's death | PopWatch | EW.com

@MiaFarrow
    If cancer came to take me piece by piece, I hope I could summon even a fraction of the grace Roger Ebert showed us, in such abundance

@pattonoswalt
    Roger, I hope you're in an infinite movie palace, watching every film the great directors only dreamed of making. RIP, @ebertchicago
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I always liked this actor and he was Durand Durand (of which the band got their name) in Barbarella!

Irish screen actor Milo O’Shea, known for roles in ‘Ulysses,’ ‘The Verdict,’ dies at 86 - The Washington Post
    Last edited by libgirl2; 04-06-2013 at 06:43 PM.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I don't think it was expected, at least not so quickly. His wife says they were getting ready to leave the hospital to go home and he just smiled and passed away. I'm glad it was a peaceful transition. He'd been through far too much over the last few years.
    Awwww, that is so sad. Yes, at least he is now pain-free and no longer suffering.

RIP Mr. Ebert.

Two thumbs up on a long, prosperous career/life.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I had a crappy childhood, and Mickey Mouse Club was one of the few joys of that time of my life. I am SO sad to hear that Annette has passed away.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Aww, so sorry to hear of Ms. Funicello's passing. She has battled multiple sclerosis the past 20 years or so. At least she is no longer suffering.

FORT Fanatic

Believe it or not, I used to watch the Beach Blanket movies when I was a teenager in the 70s growing up in the San Fernando Valley and wish that I could be part of a beach gang like that. Granted, I spent several days each week at the beach with my church's youth group during the summers but it never seemed to be quite the same as in the Beach Blanket movies for some reason...

I am quite sad about her passing (and saddened for people with MS who had her as a sort of patron saint for their illness).

I think it's more than 20 years that Annette has suffered with MS. I believe it's closer to 30. She showed so much courage in battling this disease for so long. Those original mouseketeers were so much more worth watching for me than most of the current crop
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Wow.

I remember Annette from The Mouseketeer Club, then the beach movies with Frankie.

This is so sad, but she's no longer suffering.

RIP, Annette, and say "Hello!" to Mr. Disney for us.
    Last edited by ness; 04-08-2013 at 02:46 PM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

+ Reply to Thread