Like Tree866Likes

Thread: Rest In Peace.

Re: Rest In Peace.

I agree Shay
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Pancreatic cancer, generally, has a pretty short shelf life. I've watched it, before, and there is a lot of pain involved. It's good that she is, now, at peace. Who wants to see people that they really care about in that kind of misery? Not me, that's for sure.
    Agreed, shay.

I've seen it at close range. My aunt was diagnosed with it. IIRC, the length of time she had from her diagnosis to her death was three months.

RIP Bonnie and Van.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

FORT Fanatic

My grandmother actually managed to live for about 3 years after her diagnosis of pancreatic cancer. My grandfather, the son of Midwest pioneers who never trusted traditional medicine, found all sorts of alternative therapies (and this was lonnnngggg before the Internet made things more available). Her quality of life was reasonably good until the last month when her kidneys began to shut down. But, during that time, they were able to travel from California back to Kansas to say goodbye to loved ones and she could help me with sewing projects. She was a best friend to me and I am honored that my family says that I am just like her.

I remember Cliff Osmond, Arielflies. He was an excellent character actor.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

RIP, Bonnie Franklin.
    I remember well that during the show's tenure, I worked with a gal who was related to Ms. Franklin.

Julie Ann, thanks for sharing your remembrance of your grandma. Grandmas are a treasure! How lucky you are to be so much like her!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

JulieAnn, your recollection about your grandmother is beautiful.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

There was a short piece in the local paper by a man who met Van Cliburn at a concert here. He and his wife had tickets for their family to attend his concert, and they ended up needing to take their month old infant daughter as well as the older children. Though they'd hoped she'd just sleep through it, she woke up and starting crying a while before the concert even began, so he slipped out with her in order not to disturb anyone else. As he stood in a nearby hallway trying to settle the baby down, Van suddenly appeared at his side and asked if he might hold his daughter. He took her in his arm, swayed back and forth with her a bit, and she almost immediately fell back asleep. He then smiled, handed her back to her dad, and said, "Thank you for allowing me to do that" and went on his way toward the stage.

And the baby slept quietly through the rest of the concert.

Fort Member

Peter Harvey died yesterday. Most of you wont know who he is but in Australia he was probably the most popular of all news reporters
    He too died of pancreatic cancer I think he was only diagnosed 5mths ago he was 68
    He will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by JulieAnn View Post
    My grandmother actually managed to live for about 3 years after her diagnosis of pancreatic cancer. My grandfather, the son of Midwest pioneers who never trusted traditional medicine, found all sorts of alternative therapies (and this was lonnnngggg before the Internet made things more available). Her quality of life was reasonably good until the last month when her kidneys began to shut down. But, during that time, they were able to travel from California back to Kansas to say goodbye to loved ones and she could help me with sewing projects. She was a best friend to me and I am honored that my family says that I am just like her.
    What a lovely post, JulieAnn.

Thank you!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread