Re: Rest In Peace.

Bonnie Franklin - best known as the Mom from One Day At A Time - dead at 69

Bonnie Franklin, star of TV's 'One Day at a Time,' dies at 69 - latimes.com
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    Bonnie Franklin - best known as the Mom from One Day At A Time - dead at 69

Bonnie Franklin, star of TV's 'One Day at a Time,' dies at 69 - latimes.com
    wow, I remember she was battling cancer. What a shame...
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Aww, thats sad.

Rip Bonnie
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Bonnie Franklin and Van Cliburn. I shall miss both.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I'm not ready for Bonnie Franklin to be gone.
    Even though I knew she was battling cancer, I still thought of her as way too young to die. I still see her as she was on One Day At a Time. Seeing people, whether celebrities or not, die too young like this makes me worry about how much time I have left.

I figure I still have way too many people to make miserable, for me to go for a while.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

This is sad news! I didnt know Bonnie was fighting cancer.With pancreatic cancer, you dont have much hope--its such a rotten disease and taker of lives.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I started looking for a recent pic and found this. It was taken on the set of HOT IN CLEVELAND when she made a guest star appearance. She was still very recognizable, having not changed much at all from her time on the show with Valerie and Mackenzie.

Attachment 28855
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

You know they don't look very different from the 70's at all!!!!!!!!!!

I read that Bonnie was diagnosed in Sept. of 2012! That was not long. My goodness. I'm sure her family and friends are so heartbroken. She was so vibrant! She always made me laugh. I loved that show.

RIP Bonnie.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

PASSINGS: Cliff Osmond - latimes.com

Here is another one for those who remember classic Billy Wilder movies and classsic TV shows.

Cliff Osmond, 75, a character actor who was a regular presence in director Billy Wilder's comedies of the 1960s and '70s and appeared in dozens of TV series into the 1990s, died Dec. 22 of pancreatic cancer at his home in Pacific Palisades, said his daughter Margaret Ebrahim.

Osmond got his start in television in the early 1960s with guest starring roles on a range of programs such as "The Rifleman," "Twilight Zone," "The Untouchables," "Wagon Train," "The Flying Nun," "Gunsmoke," "All in the Family," "Police Story," "The Bob Newhart Show," "Starsky and Hutch" and "Murder She Wrote."

Wilder first cast Osmond, who stood well over 6 feet tall, as a gendarme in "Irma la Douce" (1963). In the 1964 sex farce "Kiss Me, Stupid," he played aspiring songwriter Barney to Dean Martin's Dino; he was Purkey, an investigator of insurance fraud, in the 1966 dark comedy "The Fortune Cookie"; and he had another supporting role opposite Walter Matthau and Jack Lemmon in "The Front Page" (1974).

Osmond's other film roles included comic parts in Disney's "The North Avenue Irregulars" and "The Apple Dumpling Gang Rides Again" (both 1979).

He also wrote and directed "The Penitent," a 1988 independent film starring Raul Julia and Armand Assante.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Pancreatic cancer, generally, has a pretty short shelf life. I've watched it, before, and there is a lot of pain involved. It's good that she is, now, at peace. Who wants to see people that they really care about in that kind of misery? Not me, that's for sure.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread