+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree456Likes

Thread: Rest In Peace.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Re: Rest In Peace.

On one of the entertainment shows they talked about portions of what Mindy wrote in her suicide note. I wonder if she mentioned her kids in it at all.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Ah Bee - you changed your pic! Super cute you are!

I think Mindy had some pretty deep issues. I can't imagine wanting to leave this world when you have children in it.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Ah Bee - you changed your pic! Super cute you are!

I think Mindy had some pretty deep issues. I can't imagine wanting to leave this world when you have children in it.
    Nor can I.

Yes, she obviously had some serious, serious pain and issues if she couldn't even stop to consider her children and how her action would affect them for the rest of their lives.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

RIP Mindy.

I've been reading about her and her troubles for years. Yes, she must have been a desperate woman to take her own life despite having young children.

As someone who suffers from depression, I know the depths one can go and how hopeless everything can seem. Since I've been a mother, I haven't gone down to the depths of hell that I did when I was younger, because I chose to find help. Apparently the death of her partner and the fact that she was about to lose her two children pushed her over the edge.

She has had so many problems in her life that came to light after she had attained fame. It is almost as if her life had become a depressed old country song. May she finally find the peace that had eluded her for most of her life.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Stanley Knight, former lead guitarist for Black Oak Arkansas, passed away this past week of cancer at the age of 64.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    RIP Mindy.

I've been reading about her and her troubles for years. Yes, she must have been a desperate woman to take her own life despite having young children.

As someone who suffers from depression, I know the depths one can go and how hopeless everything can seem. Since I've been a mother, I haven't gone down to the depths of hell that I did when I was younger, because I chose to find help. Apparently the death of her partner and the fact that she was about to lose her two children pushed her over the edge.

She has had so many problems in her life that came to light after she had attained fame. It is almost as if her life had become a depressed old country song. May she finally find the peace that had eluded her for most of her life.
    What got me was that she killed her boyfriend's dog before she killed herself.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

C. Everett Koop, the former Surgeon General just died at 96.
    There have been a lot of Surgeon Generals before & since, but he's the one we probably all remember. He took that job seriously. He even dressed the part of General in his uniform jacket with sleeve stripes.

RIP
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    C. Everett Koop, the former Surgeon General just died at 96.
    There have been a lot of Surgeon Generals before & since, but he's the one we probably all remember. He took that job seriously. He even dressed the part of General in his uniform jacket with sleeve stripes.

RIP
    He was cool and not afraid to stand up for what he believed in, even when it put him at odds with the people who put him in the position in the first place. He had a lot of courage!
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Van Cliburn died yesterday at 78.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

He had incredibly cool hair! Wonder if he still had it?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread