+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree864Likes

Thread: Rest In Peace.

  1. #2251
    FORT Fogey KatesMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Motor City
    Posts
    2,321

    Re: Rest In Peace.

    Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
    I know the boys have different dads. Hopefully the dad of the oldest takes them both so they don't have to be separated. Separating them right now would be the worst thing they could do to those boys, IMO.
    If what I heard on the news this morning was correct, then I hope there is another family member who can step in. Apparently the father of the older boys was the one she had domestic issues with - he tried to kill her. He may even be in prison now. The father of the younger boy is her boyfriend who killed himself a month or so ago. I sincerely hope there is a family member or someone who can step in, keep these boys together and give them the stability and security that I think they have been missing for a very long time.

  2. #2252
    Bloomin' FoRT Fanatic! ness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Roseland!
    Posts
    10,443

    Re: Rest In Peace.

    I've been ducking this thread again.

    But had to post re Mindy McCready.

    This is sad --- and beyond sad, actually --- on so many levels.

    Her boys. Her addiction and mental health problems. Her attempting to take her life on at least two prior occasions, based on what I've read since I first heard about her death.

    And KatesMom is right --- the father of the eldest of her boys did try to kill her. Quite by accident, while channel surging, I ran up on a Bio network "Celebrity Close Calls" program sometime late last year. It had (obviously) celebs telling their stories of how they'd almost died (with recreations and dramatizations). Frankly, after hearing and seeing Mindy's story, I wondered how she DIDN'T wind up dead from that attack.

    Not sure, but I think he may be in jail right now.

    And last night on CNN, I heard Dr. Drew mention that she'd been on "Celebrity Rehab" (I remembered that) and had recently checked into rehab again, only to check herself out after ten days because she was so concerned and worried about being stigmatized and judged by the public because of getting treatment for her issues.

    And now this.

    And she was only 37.

    I truly hope, too, that there is a stable relative who can and will step forward to see to her boys.

    I'm so sorry that she never found the peace and happiness she --- like we all --- wanted and needed in this life, and that it had to end for her in this manner.

    RIP, Mindy.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

  3. #2253
    Premium Member dagwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    salt lake city ut
    Age
    43
    Posts
    19,182

    Re: Rest In Peace.

    Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    If what I heard on the news this morning was correct, then I hope there is another family member who can step in. Apparently the father of the older boys was the one she had domestic issues with - he tried to kill her. He may even be in prison now. The father of the younger boy is her boyfriend who killed himself a month or so ago. I sincerely hope there is a family member or someone who can step in, keep these boys together and give them the stability and security that I think they have been missing for a very long time.
    I knew one of her exes almost beat her to death but I didn't realize it was the father of her oldest. If I remember right one of the grandparents had custody while she was pregnant with the youngest. Maybe they can step back in. I would just hate to see the boys separated.


    Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post


    And KatesMom is right --- the father of the eldest of her boys did try to kill her. Quite by accident, while channel surging, I ran up on a Bio network "Celebrity Close Calls" program sometime late last year. It had (obviously) celebs telling their stories of how they'd almost died (with recreations and dramatizations). Frankly, after hearing and seeing Mindy's story, I wondered how she DIDN'T wind up dead from that attack.

    I saw that episode, too. It has been a while, though, and I don't remember them saying it was the oldest's dad. I do remember being surprised she survived it, though.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

    #oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

  4. #2254
    FORT Fogey MsDiva2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Del Mar, California
    Age
    52
    Posts
    4,709

    Re: Rest In Peace.

    so I also read that her 5 year old was upstairs in the house when it happened?
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

  5. #2255
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    25,201

    Re: Rest In Peace.

    It sounds like the media hounded her, and in her state of mind, she never took time to get well . There are times they really need to step back, and let someone get well
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  6. #2256
    Bloomin' FoRT Fanatic! ness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Roseland!
    Posts
    10,443

    Re: Rest In Peace.

    Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    so I also read that her 5 year old was upstairs in the house when it happened?
    WHAT?

    If that's true, then God have mercy on that poor child.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    It sounds like the media hounded her, and in her state of mind, she never took time to get well . There are times they really need to step back, and let someone get well
    So true.

    But we all know that's not likely to happen.

    Also, to correct my earlier post . . .

    I'd mentioned above that I thought the father of her eldest (Zander?) might be in jail?

    He's not.

    They were interviewing him on some program this afternoon. He said he'd be willing to take both boys in so they could grow up together and not be separated.

    Maybe he's done his time and is willing now to do what he can for his son and his son's brother?

    Only time will tell.

    We'll see.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

  7. #2257
    FORT Fogey MsDiva2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Del Mar, California
    Age
    52
    Posts
    4,709

    Re: Rest In Peace.

    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

  8. #2258
    FORT Fan grapenuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    259

    Re: Rest In Peace.

    Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    You've misread the article. The boy was found in the upstairs closet in 2011 when Mindy kidnapped her son from the grandmother (who had guardianship). The article states that it is not clear where the boys were at the time of her death.

  9. #2259
    Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Age
    22
    Posts
    7,834

    Re: Rest In Peace.


  10. #2260
    Premium Member dagwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    salt lake city ut
    Age
    43
    Posts
    19,182

    Re: Rest In Peace.

    Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    so I also read that her 5 year old was upstairs in the house when it happened?
    No. The boys had been removed from the home and placed in foster care when she fell apart after the death of her boyfriend. The kids weren't there.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

    #oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.