+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree864Likes

Thread: Rest In Peace.

Re: Rest In Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
    I know the boys have different dads. Hopefully the dad of the oldest takes them both so they don't have to be separated. Separating them right now would be the worst thing they could do to those boys, IMO.
    If what I heard on the news this morning was correct, then I hope there is another family member who can step in. Apparently the father of the older boys was the one she had domestic issues with - he tried to kill her. He may even be in prison now. The father of the younger boy is her boyfriend who killed himself a month or so ago. I sincerely hope there is a family member or someone who can step in, keep these boys together and give them the stability and security that I think they have been missing for a very long time.

I've been ducking this thread again.

But had to post re Mindy McCready.

This is sad --- and beyond sad, actually --- on so many levels.

Her boys. Her addiction and mental health problems. Her attempting to take her life on at least two prior occasions, based on what I've read since I first heard about her death.

And KatesMom is right --- the father of the eldest of her boys did try to kill her. Quite by accident, while channel surging, I ran up on a Bio network "Celebrity Close Calls" program sometime late last year. It had (obviously) celebs telling their stories of how they'd almost died (with recreations and dramatizations). Frankly, after hearing and seeing Mindy's story, I wondered how she DIDN'T wind up dead from that attack.

Not sure, but I think he may be in jail right now.

And last night on CNN, I heard Dr. Drew mention that she'd been on "Celebrity Rehab" (I remembered that) and had recently checked into rehab again, only to check herself out after ten days because she was so concerned and worried about being stigmatized and judged by the public because of getting treatment for her issues.

And now this.

And she was only 37.

I truly hope, too, that there is a stable relative who can and will step forward to see to her boys.

I'm so sorry that she never found the peace and happiness she --- like we all --- wanted and needed in this life, and that it had to end for her in this manner.

RIP, Mindy.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    If what I heard on the news this morning was correct, then I hope there is another family member who can step in. Apparently the father of the older boys was the one she had domestic issues with - he tried to kill her. He may even be in prison now. The father of the younger boy is her boyfriend who killed himself a month or so ago. I sincerely hope there is a family member or someone who can step in, keep these boys together and give them the stability and security that I think they have been missing for a very long time.
    I knew one of her exes almost beat her to death but I didn't realize it was the father of her oldest. If I remember right one of the grandparents had custody while she was pregnant with the youngest. Maybe they can step back in. I would just hate to see the boys separated.

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post

And KatesMom is right --- the father of the eldest of her boys did try to kill her. Quite by accident, while channel surging, I ran up on a Bio network "Celebrity Close Calls" program sometime late last year. It had (obviously) celebs telling their stories of how they'd almost died (with recreations and dramatizations). Frankly, after hearing and seeing Mindy's story, I wondered how she DIDN'T wind up dead from that attack.

I saw that episode, too. It has been a while, though, and I don't remember them saying it was the oldest's dad. I do remember being surprised she survived it, though.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

so I also read that her 5 year old was upstairs in the house when it happened?
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

It sounds like the media hounded her, and in her state of mind, she never took time to get well . There are times they really need to step back, and let someone get well
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    WHAT?

If that's true, then God have mercy on that poor child.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    It sounds like the media hounded her, and in her state of mind, she never took time to get well . There are times they really need to step back, and let someone get well
    So true.

But we all know that's not likely to happen.

Also, to correct my earlier post . . .

I'd mentioned above that I thought the father of her eldest (Zander?) might be in jail?

He's not.

They were interviewing him on some program this afternoon. He said he'd be willing to take both boys in so they could grow up together and not be separated.

Maybe he's done his time and is willing now to do what he can for his son and his son's brother?

Only time will tell.

We'll see.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

You've misread the article. The boy was found in the upstairs closet in 2011 when Mindy kidnapped her son from the grandmother (who had guardianship). The article states that it is not clear where the boys were at the time of her death.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

No. The boys had been removed from the home and placed in foster care when she fell apart after the death of her boyfriend. The kids weren't there.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

+ Reply to Thread