+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree520Likes

Thread: Rest In Peace.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Rest In Peace.

It's interesting that Alzheimer's patients seem to live to be very old. We've just had a family member die from the disease (not that I get that people really die from the disease, but I am not well-versed on the disease, either); he was 92. His sister died several months before from the same thing, and she was also in her 90s.....maybe 94.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Wow, I hadn't realized she was still alive. So horrible that someone known for her common sense had Alzheimer's.
    How very true.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

No one but me appreciates the historical presence of Funky Claude?

I really liked the twins, Ann Landers and Abbigal Phillips (maiden name Lederer). They were fun, intelligent, and what they wrote was always informative and entertaining.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Legendary former Baltimore Orioles manager Earl Weaver passed away to day at the age of 82. He was one of the greats. Now he can kick dirt on all those umpires in the after life.

Not only did Earl Weaver pass away yesterday, but baseball lost another legend last night. Stan "The Man" Musial passed away at the age of 92. Two greats of the game on the same day. RIP Both of you!

I heard late last night about Stan Musial. He was a true great of the game, he played because he loved baseball, and he was a true gentlemen. I was sorry that his passing was overshadowed by the conference football games, but I hope we shall see some more coverage about him.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Former NYC mayor Ed Koch passed away this morning. He was 88.
    Former New York mayor Ed Koch dies at 88 | Reuters
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Former NYC mayor Ed Koch passed away this morning. He was 88.
    Former New York mayor Ed Koch dies at 88 | Reuters
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread