+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree319Likes

Thread: Rest In Peace.

Re: Rest In Peace.

Yeah I had someone post about Alfonso dinero being dead also. It's a hoax he is alive and well.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

How many times have they said this about Kevin Bacon- as someone posted up-thread, something will happen, and nobody will believe it.

I don't get it.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Yeah I had someone post about Alfonso dinero being dead also. It's a hoax he is alive and well.
    Who? I don't know who that is.

I read an article on People about MCD's funeral and there was a picture of a grief-stricken Omarosa. It's clear she's absolutely devastated. When you find someone who is SO good and sees the good in you when not a lot of people do, it's got to be even worse when you lose them. She doesn't strike me as a person who's used to having many people in her corner. I just wanted to give her a hug.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Maybe she means Alfonso Ribeiro from Fresh Prince of Bel Air? I saw that photo of Omarosa, too. Very, very sad. I never saw The Green Mile or anything else MCD was in and now I wish I had known more about him. I recognized his face but I am not familiar with his work. Jay Leno spoke at his funeral and got very choked up; he spoke of how MCD found true love very late in life,with Omarosa, and his normally wide smile got that much wider when speaking of her. It was very touching. Tom Hanks told a funny story that MCD had told to him about once trying to join a gang in Chicago as youth and the whooping his mama gave him when she found out. A moment of levity.

Michael Clarke Duncan

I watched some of The Green Mile last night and cried harder then I did the first time I saw it.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Alfonso Ribeiro played Carlton in Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. He is famous for "the Carlton dance"! He was a bit of a nerd! He is also quite the tap dancer.

And anyone who has not seen The Green Mile should! It will be well worth your time. I don't think you'll be disappointed. I'm hoping it comes on DISH sometime soon.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I watched some of The Green Mile last night and cried harder then I did the first time I saw it.
    I would as well.I cried seeing the photos and hearing Jay Leno in the link Eastcoastmom provided. This man was loved.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Tonight I'm watching The Green Mile on Reelz - back to back airings. It's one of my favorites, ever. John Coffey was his best role ever, too. He remained busy as an actor after the movie every year until he died, but he never had another like it.

Vale, Michael Clark Duncan. Heaven's an even brighter place tonight with that smile!
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 09-12-2012 at 11:25 PM.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    Tonight I'm watching The Green Mile on Reelz - back to back airings. It's one of my favorites, ever. John Coffey was his best role ever, too. He remained busy as an actor after the movie every year until he died, but he never had another like it.

Vale, Michael Clark Duncan.
    It's airing continuously on AMC tonight also. Unfortunately it was broadcast with commercials and ran for 4 hours. Nevertheless, I stuck with it and am glad I did. I cannot believe I have never seen this movie. It was so moving and wonderfully acted.

It has been on AMC for the past 2 weeks, every day, sometimes 2 to 3 times a day.
    There's no place like home!

+ Reply to Thread