+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree519Likes

Thread: Rest In Peace.

Re: Rest In Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Singer songwriter Joe South has passed away. Many will remember Games People Play & Walk A Mile In My Shoes among his hits. Joe was 72.
    Yes, they played some of his songs this morning.

RIP Joe
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I should have added that Joe South also wrote the huge hit for Lynn Anderson... Rose Garden.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    I should have added that Joe South also wrote the huge hit for Lynn Anderson... Rose Garden.
    I love that song! It was also sampled in an 80s song by Con Can (I think that is how its spelled)
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I love that song! It was also sampled in an 80s song by Con Can (I think that is how its spelled)
    Close, but it is with K's, Kon Kan, love that song and a few others from Kon Kan...

Dorothy McGuire has died.

Dorothy McGuire Dead: McGuire Sisters Member Dies At 84

I remember seeing the McGuire Sisters several times on The Ed Sullivan Show. Their harmony was amazing. Silky smooth. Reminded me of the Andrews and King Sisters. Plus, I loved the way they dressed identically, the hairdos, etc.

RIP, Dorothy.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Anyone else sick of this "Morgan Freeman is dead" cr@p on Facebook? Jeez. I've had more friends "like" that post about missing him. Of all the internet rumors that people spread the "So and so is dead" ones are the cruelest.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Anyone else sick of this "Morgan Freeman is dead" cr@p on Facebook? Jeez. I've had more friends "like" that post about missing him. Of all the internet rumors that people spread the "So and so is dead" ones are the cruelest.
    Yes! I am extremely tired of it. I hate it when statements like that are proven false, but it keeps on going.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

I saw this quite in People about Michael Clarke Duncan's funeral. I think it says alot about the man.

Between heavy sobs, Duncan's fiance Omarosa Manigault lightened the mood when remembering the pick-up line he'd used when meeting her at a grocery store. " 'Aren't you that mean girl from The Apprentice?' " she said. "And then he worked every single day of our relationship to change that perception of me. The man you knew as an actor was my best friend."
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Completely. It is getting to the point that one of these people who have had their death hoaxed will really pass and no one will believe it.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

It's a shame that people don't read/research, just pass along something that they have heard.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread