+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree722Likes

Thread: Rest In Peace.

Re: Rest In Peace.

This all makes me so sad... a decent nice guy, talented, starting a new life with the woman (who also seems to have started a new life) he loves....
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

You look at someone like Michael and think he's just gotta be healthy. So sad that his heart failed him. Hoping that he and Omirosa had happy times together and were truly in love. He seemed like the epitomy of the 'gentle giant'.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

First mate has left the ship - so sad.

‘Gilligan’ star Bob Denver dies at age 70 - Entertainment - Television - TODAY.com

Never mind - apparently, it was recently the anniversary of his death (2005). I do NOT remember that.
    Last edited by Little Sew&Sew; 09-04-2012 at 04:29 PM.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

FORT Fogey

I didn't realize that MCD had been in the hospital all this time since the heart attack. Obviously, it was more serious than they made it sound in July.
    You're right, it was more serious according to this report.

Sources involved in Duncan's treatment tell us ... on July 13 the actor went without oxygen for more than 5 minutes before Omarosa was able to re-start his heart with CPR. We're told 5 minutes is the outer limit before permanent damage is likely.

Our sources say Duncan's decline was slow but steady. First it was a kidney problem, then the pancreas, then extremely high blood pressure, and so on, until his body just shut down.

It was especially hard on Michael's fiancee, Omarosa ... who was told time and time again by doctors that things were looking up and he would be released soon. But every time Omarosa got assurance, something else went wrong.

Michael Clarke Duncan -- Lack of Oxygen Proved Fatal | TMZ.com

Michael was a wonderful talent. This is so sad.

Wow, reading these posts make me feel sorry for Omarosa of all people. I really hope she had turned her life around and is a better person. My heart is breaking for her. I agree, TMZ needs to leave her alone. (all press in general)
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Critical
    I had a boyfriend who was seemingly healthy - vegetarian, a runner, did everything right and maybe all the signs were there looking back, but he died of a heart attack at 44. Sometimes when it's your time, there's nothing you can do.
    Sorry for your loss. This kinda stuff freaks me out. I don't live the healthiest lifestyle and keep talking about making changes. Then I read about someone who was doing all the right things and still die young.

My great aunt was morbidly obese for many years. She lost the weight by walking. A lot. Yet once she lost the weight, her health started going downhill, every time she went to the doctor something else was wrong. She died at the age of 57 but the last 7 years she made the best of what she had to deal with. It just freaks me out that when people finally make good lifestyle changes, something bad happens.

Sources involved in Duncan's treatment tell us ... on July 13 the actor went without oxygen for more than 5 minutes before Omarosa was able to re-start his heart with CPR. We're told 5 minutes is the outer limit before permanent damage is likely.

Our sources say Duncan's decline was slow but steady. First it was a kidney problem, then the pancreas, then extremely high blood pressure, and so on, until his body just shut down.

It was especially hard on Michael's fiancee, Omarosa ... who was told time and time again by doctors that things were looking up and he would be released soon. But every time Omarosa got assurance, something else went wrong.
    How awful for his family and fiancee. Hopefully he didn't suffer for all this time.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
    Wow, reading these posts make me feel sorry for Omarosa of all people. I really hope she had turned her life around and is a better person. My heart is breaking for her. I agree, TMZ needs to leave her alone. (all press in general)
    True.

Even though it seems she may HAVE turned her life around, she made an appearance on LA Hair not too long ago that would've made ANYBODY think that the OLD Omarosa was alive, well, and kicking in LA.

I'm going to choose to believe that that appearance on LA Hair was her "playing" the Omarosa that we came to know from her appearances on CA.

Unfortunately, I was in the WRONG place at the WRONG time, and a shot of her arriving at LAX popped up before I knew it was coming and could look away.

My heart breaks for her, too, dagwood. TMZ needs to be blown off the face of the earth for doing that. Nobody, NOBODY, deserves to have their pain put out there for public scrutiny like that.

And I can't even BEGIN to imagine how she must feel, knowing that she brought him back, only to have him linger and slip away months later.

My God.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
    I don't know his name.But the guy on on the Insider said she never left his side, and when he was there, they spoke about the Lakers and he believes,as does Omarosa that he heard every word. Sad all of this -very very sad.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Craig Ferguson did a nice tribute to Michael Clarke Duncan at the top of his show tonight. MCD was a frequent guest on the show and I got the feeling they were also friends. Tonight, Craig showed footage of them in Scotland when the show filmed there (I think) earlier this year. You could see their genuine affection for each other. Really, I can't imagine anyone NOT having affection for MCD. I think he was just that kind of person.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Singer songwriter Joe South has passed away. Many will remember Games People Play & Walk A Mile In My Shoes among his hits. Joe was 72.

+ Reply to Thread