+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree719Likes

Thread: Rest In Peace.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: Rest In Peace.

That's really sad. I've seen the movie a couple times. 54, too? So young.

This one really bothers me... he was too young and too close to my age.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    This one really bothers me... he was too young and too close to my age.
    Me too. I've been so sad ever since I heard the news. By all accounts, he was a really wonderful, sweet man. Normally, if I heard anyone was dating Omarosa, it would lower my opinion of him. In MCD's case, it made me think more of her.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Michael Clark Duncan's death is a shocker. What makes it sadder is the fact that he went vegetarian 3 years ago, so you'd think that would prolong his life. I wonder if he had a problem that was undetectable? Scary.

RIP.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    Michael Clark Duncan's death is a shocker. What makes it sadder is the fact that he went vegetarian 3 years ago, so you'd think that would prolong his life. I wonder if he had a problem that was undetectable? Scary.

RIP.
    I had a boyfriend who was seemingly healthy - vegetarian, a runner, did everything right and maybe all the signs were there looking back, but he died of a heart attack at 44. Sometimes when it's your time, there's nothing you can do.

I didn't realize that MCD had been in the hospital all this time since the heart attack. Obviously, it was more serious than they made it sound in July.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I read that Omarosa, pretty much, never left his side after he was hospitalized, but that he died when she had, briefly, left his room. One account said her mother was with him when he died; another account said HIS mother was with him when he died. Apparently, Omarosa had gone on a little trip the weekend before he died; I'm sure she needed the respite.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

TMZ - which is hitting new lows lately - published a picture of Omarosa at LAX looking absolutely grief-stricken. I wish they'd just leave her alone. That's just too personal, IMO. It felt like an invasion. I felt guilty even looking at the picture.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

This morning's paper had his obit and said MCD leaves behind his fianceť , Rev. Omarosa Manigault-Stallworth. I had NO idea she was a minister.

I think she turned over a new leaf a few years ago. According to her Wiki page, she went to seminary in 2009.

Apparently, they were going to be married in January and had just started planning the wedding a few months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    This morning's paper had his obit and said MCD leaves behind his fianceť , Rev. Omarosa Manigault-Stallworth. I had NO idea she was a minister.
    She must have done a complete 180 given her horrible personalty we saw. I am sad they were going to get married, she must feel very alone
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread