+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 347 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293070120 ... LastLast
Like Tree814Likes

Thread: Rest In Peace.

Re: Rest In Peace.

I would say that Annette got the most attention because, of the girls, she matured the earliest. So sad about Cheryl. I always thought Annette would be the first of the kids to go since she has been so very sick for so many years.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

MRD

So sad about Cheryl.

Bobby went on to perform for many years with Lawrence Welk, so he had some measure of success past the MM club.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Karen and Cubby were my favorites. I even had a little 45 record of Cubby singing some song about a hobo. Too bad about Cheryl.
    Count your blessings!

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3272391;
    Karen and Cubby were my favorites...
    one of my older sisters was named after karen. my oldest sis, was 4 yrs old and adored karen and helped mom choose the name for her little sis.

I was so sorry to read of the passing today of talented actor Patrick McGoohan at age 80. Probably most remembered for the groundbreaking tv series, The Prisoner as well as for Secret Agent, I also felt the Columbo episodes on which he appeared were among that show's best.

Patrick McGoohan, TV's 'Secret Agent' and 'Prisoner,' dies - Los Angeles Times
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

For one second I saw Patrick and almost bawled!!! I thought I was about to read Swayze had passed. Phew...
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3277964;
    I was so sorry to read of the passing today of talented actor Patrick McGoohan at age 80. Probably most remembered for the groundbreaking tv series, The Prisoner as well as for Secret Agent, I also felt the Columbo episodes on which he appeared were among that show's best.

Patrick McGoohan, TV's 'Secret Agent' and 'Prisoner,' dies - Los Angeles Times
    What a trrific actor he was. And so good looking and classy, no matter what the role. He will be missed.

It was reported that Ricardo Montalban died today-he was 88. It is tough that a lot of my old favorites are passing. I loved Ricardo for Fantasy Island. I don't know that he was the best actor, but he sure was enjoyable!

‘Fantasy Island’ star Ricardo Montalban dies - Television- msnbc.com

Fantasy Island’ star Ricardo Montalban dies

LOS ANGELES - Ricardo Montalban, the Mexican-born actor who became a star in splashy MGM musicals and later as the wish-fulfilling Mr. Roarke in TV's "Fantasy Island," died Wednesday morning at his home, a city councilman said. He was 88.

Montalban's death was announced at a meeting of the city council by president Eric Garcetti, who represents the district where the actor lived. Garcetti did not give a cause of death.

"The Ricardo Montalban Theatre in my Council District — where the next generations of performers participate in plays, musicals, and concerts — stands as a fitting tribute to this consummate performer," Garcetti said later in a written statement.

Montalban had been a star in Mexican movies when MGM brought him to Hollywood in 1946. He was cast in the leading role opposite Esther Williams in "Fiesta." He also starred with the swimming beauty in "On an Island with You" and "Neptune's Daughter."

A later generation knew Montalban as the faintly mysterious, white-suited Mr. Roarke, who presided over an island resort where visitors were able to fulfill their lifelong dreams. "Fantasy Island" received high ratings for most of its 1978-1984 span on ABC television and still appears in reruns.

In a 1978 interview, he analyzed the series' success:

"What is appealing is the idea of attaining the unattainable and learning from it. Once you obtain a fantasy it becomes a reality, and that reality is not as exciting as your fantasy. Through the fantasies you learn to appreciate your own realities."
    Rest in Peace, Mr. Roarke.

How sad. I watched that show every week when I was younger.
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread