+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 354 FirstFirst 12345678910111252102 ... LastLast
Like Tree861Likes

Thread: Rest In Peace.

Re: Rest In Peace.

No way. . I will always remember her for Sophia but I loved her in Mannequin, too.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

My whole family would roar at her highjinks. She was a rare one and will be missed. Rest in peace, Estelle.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

they just announced this on "good morning america: weekend", quoting the chicago sun times. i just googled and as of this moment, they are the ONLY paper reporting it.

Actor, comedian Bernie Mac, dies at 50
    August 9, 2008

Comedian Bernie Mac died at Northwestern Memorial hospital early Saturday morning, according to Sun-Times Columnist, Stella Foster. He was 50.

Though the cause of death has not been confirmed, Mac had been hospitalized recently for pneumonia. Foster said that she received calls early Saturday morning from a close friend of the Mac family, confirming the reports of Mac's death.

The columnist also said she was deeply saddened to receive such a phone call just an hour after Mac was pronounced dead.

"It brought tears to my eyes because Bernie Mac has always been my all-time favorite entertainer and comedian. It pains me to have to report that," Foster said during a phone interview on Saturday morning.

On Friday, a spokeswoman for the actor, whose real name is, Bernard McCullough, said that he had been responding well to treatment for the illness.

Publicist Danica Smith said Thursday in a statement that Mac's condition is ''stable.'' Smith first announced on August 1st that Mac was hospitalized in Chicago.

Smith has said the pneumonia isn't related to an inflammatory lung disease Mac also has. That condition has been in remission since 2005.

Foster noted that last weekend, several web sites reported wrongly that the comedian died.

Mac made waves last month with off-color jokes during a fundraiser for Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama.

The comedian starred in the critically acclaimed Fox television series ''The Bernie Mac Show.'' His film credits include roles in the ''Ocean's Eleven'' franchise.

Foster says she was remembers Bernie's comedic beginnings through his show, "Midnight Mac," which aired for four shows on HBO and was taped in Chicago in 1995.

"It was a variety entertainment show," she said, "He even had dancers called Macaroni's. That was my first exposure to how talented Bernie Mac was. And after that show, that's when Hollywood started beating down his door."

The actor's upcoming movies include "Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa" starring Ben Stiller, Chris Rock and David Schwimmer; and "Soul Men" with Samuel L. Jackson and Isaac Hayes.

There is no word on whether public services will be held.

South Sider, actor Bernie Mac, dies at 50 :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: suntimes.com

Oh how sad! I can't believe this........He was such a funny, funny man! My kids and I loved the Bernie Mac Show. RIP
    CYA

MRD

my husband and I were both sad about this. We loved Bernie Mac
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

cnn.com has now picked up the story.
    yeah, it's sad ... he was only 50.
    just shows you just how serious pneumonia is ...

Wow, it's amazing how pneumonia is such a powerful killer. I knew he was in the hospital but thought he'd get better. I really liked Bernie Mac, loved his sitcom and movies and will greatly miss him .
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Bernie Mac Dies at 50 - TMZ.com

Comedian Bernie Mac died this morning in Chicago after a long hospitalization from pneumonia.

Mac, whose real name is Bernard McCullough, passed away early this morning at Northwestern Memorial Hospital. He was 50 years old.

His rep just issued the following statement to TMZ: "Actor/ comedian Bernie Mac passed away this morning from complications due to pneumonia in a Chicago area hospital. No other details are available at this time. We ask that his family's privacy continues to be respected."

Just a few days ago, Mac's condition was characterized as "stable"; Bernie had been in the hospital for a week.

I am just stunned about this. I was reading about him yesterday and they said that he should have been released in a couple of weeks.
    My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.
    Phyllis Newman.....Proof you can't turn a ho into a housewife.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

I just read this on a post somewhere and thought someone made up a cruel joke. May he rest in peace.

That is just so shocking! I mean... 50! Pneumonia. It's hard to fathom that in this age an otherwise healthy adult (I mean: not a child, elderly person or someone suffering from a preexisting condition) can die from something that seems so run of the mill. Especially when they were recieving treatment. I've been repeatedly told pneumonia is nothing to scoff at, but it just seems like it has this "one step up from the common cold" vibe to me

Boy oh boy, every day it seems lately something reminds me not to take a moment with my family for granted.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

+ Reply to Thread