+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree526Likes

Thread: Rest In Peace.

Re: Rest In Peace.

In addition to Cosmopolitan, I remember reading Helen Gurley Brown's megahit book, Sex and the Single Girl. Quite a page turner for its time.

Sad to hear about Ron Pallilo, too. It reminded me that Robert Hegyes (Epstein) also died earlier this year and he was a couple of years younger than Ron.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Though I never saw the show, only the first couple of seasons before it turned into a alcohol fest.

Joey Kovar Dead -- 'Real World' Star's Family Suspects Drug Overdose | TMZ.com
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Sad news about Joey, but not surprising. What a waste.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Though I never saw the show, only the first couple of seasons before it turned into a alcohol fest.

Joey Kovar Dead -- 'Real World' Star's Family Suspects Drug Overdose | TMZ.com
    OMG .... I watch every season of RW and I so remember Joey. MTV tried hard to help him. MTV even stepped in in the middle of this season and offered to send him to rehab (or I think go home) and Joey took rehab. The house guests even went and visited him in rehab during the season and he was thriving and doing well. I believe he has done some of the MTV Challenges (Real World Road Rules) but I did not watch those seasons.

As I recall, Joey did not have much family support at all.

Very very sad.

RIP JOEY.
    KAREN

I don't know if this qualifies, but the blogger LynnNChicago passed away from a heart attack. She was very involved in blogging about Bravo shows. I was shocked, as I think we were closed in age.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Tony Scott, director of Top Gun and Days of Thunder, died today after jumping off a bridge. (He shared producing credits on the CBS dramas The Good Wife and NUMB3RS with his brother, Ridley Scott.) He was 68.

So sad to hear about Tony Scott. My thoughts go out to his wife and kids and his brother Ridley. I know that bridge very well. It makes me shudder to even think of jumping off and so sad to think how desperate one would have to be to take that step
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

"To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Scott McKenzie has died at age 73 in Los Angeles on Saturday. Famous for a 1967 hit San Francisco Wear Some Flowers in Your Hair.
    Scott McKenzie, singer of 'San Francisco,' dies | CTVNews

Phyllis Diller has passed at 95!
    Last edited by MsDiva2007; 08-20-2012 at 03:48 PM.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread