+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree864Likes

Thread: Rest In Peace.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Rest In Peace.

I know he was found by a nurse; I don't know if there was any family. Rumor/talk was that he was gay. Obviously, he was a very private man.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

If he was found by a nurse, that's pretty alone. I cant imagine making a choice not to get treatment, unless things were pretty far gone. According to wikipedia, he was shy, intensely private and avoided the Hollywood limelight.

FORT Fogey

Kind of interesting, isn't it, that Sherman Helmsley was so private IRL when his two best known television roles were as men who were anything but shy.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey View Post
    If he was found by a nurse, that's pretty alone. I cant imagine making a choice not to get treatment, unless things were pretty far gone. According to wikipedia, he was shy, intensely private and avoided the Hollywood limelight.
    Sounds, to me, like he was choosing the lesser of 2 evils. They give you the facts and you make the decision. Since no one is going to live forever, I can understand choosing to choose your own exit. Lung diseases are no joke. I'm sure he was kept comfortable.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

"To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Al Freeman?

I remember him best from "My Sweet Charlie" (that was SUCH a wonderful movie!) and as Ed Hall on OLTL.

RIP, Al.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I remember him from Hot L Baltimore, a very racy show for that period of time. I don't think it's out on DVD so I might check the library for the book.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I remember him fondly as Ed Hall on OLTL. I watched that show from the time I was little. That role was pretty ground-breaking - there weren't many African Americans on daytime...maybe not ANY.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

NBC news is report (via Facebook) that HELEN GURLEY BROWN, long-time editor-in-chief of Cosmo, has died. She was 90 years old.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I remember him from Hot L Baltimore, a very racy show for that period of time. I don't think it's out on DVD so I might check the library for the book.
    I remember that show. I was 10 at the time and my mom let me watch it! She was pretty good about letting me watch anything and it certainly didn't damage me.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread