+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree821Likes

Thread: Rest In Peace.

Re: Rest In Peace.

I reread Fahrenheit 451 a couple of years ago and was blown away how relevant it seemed to the way we are now in society, minus the books being banned. He was quite a visionary. I recommend reading that book to many of my friends. I had such a different interpretation about it when I was young. Bradbury was brilliant.

Fort Member

Something wicked this way comes is one of the very few stories and movies that stuck in my head from when i was a kid
    Everytime it was on TV i would watch it even though it was very badly made and pooly acted the story fasinated me
    and started my love of fantasy, suspence and horror books
    He had a brilliant imagination that he was able to put into words that inspired others imaginations thats a true and enviable talent

Long time guitar player for Fleetwood Mac, Bob Welch was found dead of a self inflicted gunshot wound. Dead at the age of 65. His Ebony Eyes will look no more on the Sentimental Lady. RIP Bob!

RIP, Ray Bradbury.
    As he lived for many years in the library's neighborhood, we hosted him numerous times. He regaled those of us on the Board and the entire audience with his stories about writing Fahrenheit 451 on a rental typewriter in the basement of the UCLA library!! No matter how many times he told that story, we all loved it and him.
    He'd been in a wheelchair for many years, but it never slowed him down at all.
    You will be missed, Mr. Bradbury.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    RIP. Strange how Ray Combs (another former Family Feud host) also died on June 2.
    Did he really? Wow...never knew he died on June 2nd also.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I hadn't seen anything about this, yet, so . . .

Nolan Miller (costume designer for "Dynasty") has died.

Nolan Miller obituary: 'Dynasty' costume designer dies at 79 - latimes.com

Until Fallon got taken away in a spaceship and I stopped tuning in at that point, one of the major reasons I watched "Dynasty" was to drool over those fabulous outfits he created each week. One of my all-time favorite movie or TV costumes, EVER, is still that ice-blue wedding gown (with matching hat) he decked Krystle (Linda Evans) out in for her second (?) wedding to Blake.

I'm sure he must be in Heaven designing fabulous outfits for the angels, right now!

RIP, Nolan.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Frank Cady - aka Sam Drucker, the grocery store owner from Green Acres - dead at 96

'Green Acres' actor Frank Cady dies at 96 - latimes.com
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Aw.

I used to watch him on "Green Acres". He was funny in that!

RIP, Frank.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    Frank Cady - aka Sam Drucker, the grocery store owner from Green Acres - dead at 96

'Green Acres' actor Frank Cady dies at 96 - latimes.com
    OMG I had no idea he was still alive. I loved when he wore that sideways toupee. RIP Frank!

Kiz

Report: Original 'Goodfella' Henry Hill dead at 69

Henry Hill -- New York mobster turned Hollywood Goodfella -- died Tuesday in an L.A. hospital after a lengthy illness, TMZ is reporting. He was 69.

TMZ quotes his girlfriend, Lisa: "He had been sick for a long time. ... His heart gave out."

Hill, of course, was the legendary basis for Ray Liotta's character in the Martin Scorsese 1990 classic Goodfellas.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

+ Reply to Thread