+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree864Likes

Thread: Rest In Peace.

Re: Rest In Peace.

I'm sad, but not surprised to hear the news about Robin Gibb. I'm so glad for his family that he woke up from his coma and they were able to spend time with him and say goodbye.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I just heard about Robin Gibb. How sad.

RIP Robin
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm glad he is finally at peace.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

This was sad news even though expected. That poor family has lost all the brothers over the years except Barry!

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

RIP Robin.

Condolences to their mother. Poor woman has buried 3 of her children, that is heart breaking.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

The Beegees were one of the first albums I received (before they were hot in the US)-when they became hot and were on the radio a lot, friends couldn't understand why I knew all the words!

Donna was talented without all the hoopla that singers today need.

Waiting for the other shoe to drop...

RIP

Desperate Housewives' Kathryn Joosten Dies at 72 - Yahoo! TV

Emmy winner Kathryn Joosten, whose emotional death scene as Karen McKluskey gave Desperate Housewives‘ recent series finale its biggest emotional punch, died yesterday of lung cancer in Westlake Village, CA. She was 72.

Joosten won her Emmys in 2005 and 2008 in the Oustanding Guest Actress in a Comedy for her portrayal of Wisteria Lane’s crankiest (but still loveable) resident.

Prior to her Housewives success, Joosten was best known for playing Mrs. Landingham, secretary to Martin Sheen’s President Bartlet, on The West Wing.

She also had roles on such shows as Scrubs, My Name Is Earl, Joan of Arcadia, and Dharma & Greg.

Joosten, who didn’t begin her acting career until she was 42, famously told interviewers through the years that Housewives‘ creator Marc Cherry had promised never to kill off Mrs. McCluskey, seeing how many of her prior characters hadn’t survived to their shows’ series finales.

According to her rep, Joosten was surrounded by family at the time of her death.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Aw, I had a feeling she would pass soon. She looked so ill.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I hadn't watched Desperate Housewives this season but tuned in for the series finale. I had no idea that Kathyrn Joosten was ill. May she rest in peace.

I loved her in Joan of Arcadia as one of the manifestations of God. RIP
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread