+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 354 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272868118 ... LastLast
Like Tree861Likes

Thread: Rest In Peace.

Re: Rest In Peace.

My sympathies on your loss, Ginger.

I feel so bad for the Travolta's loss. I have speculated myself but a loss is still a loss. I'm sure with 2 medical examiners they will hopefully find the cause of his death. I remember when he was born and how thrilled they were. And they always seemed to be so family oriented. I also think they were not as involved w/Scientology as Cruise was.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by famita;3265063;
    I feel so bad for the Travolta's loss. I have speculated myself but a loss is still a loss. I'm sure with 2 medical examiners they will hopefully find the cause of his death. I remember when he was born and how thrilled they were. And they always seemed to be so family oriented. I also think they were not as involved w/Scientology as Cruise was.
    Well said. The Travolta's are deeply involved in Scientology. Kelly Preston was raised in it, and I've read reports that her father was a "higher up" in the organization. But when I see the way that some celebrity deaths, or deaths of those close to a celebrity, can bring out speculation and snarking, I have to wonder whether or not that makes it that much harder on the people dealing with the death. I would think that as a matter of survival, most don't read the press covering such an event. But it just adds another layer that I think would be that much more heartbreaking if you were exposed to it.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I fully agree. These people need to be given some time and privacy, without speculation on their parenting. Folks just need to back off.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

My heart goes out to Jett's family. Regardless of whatever mistakes may or may not have been made, they loved....and lost, their son. It's the nightmare they will never wake up from. My husband lost his first child, and he still mourns that child over 25 years later. My grandmothers and my aunt both died a little when they lost children. It's an unthinkable pain and I'm sorry when any family has to experience it.

I think TMZ and all the rag papers, tv shows, etc. need to let them grieve. It doesn't seem that there was foul play involved and they should be allowed to mourn their child without having to explain anything. Once all is said and done, if they choose to talk to the media, then they will.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3265085;
    Well said. The Travolta's are deeply involved in Scientology. Kelly Preston was raised in it, and I've read reports that her father was a "higher up" in the organization. But when I see the way that some celebrity deaths, or deaths of those close to a celebrity, can bring out speculation and snarking, I have to wonder whether or not that makes it that much harder on the people dealing with the death. I would think that as a matter of survival, most don't read the press covering such an event. But it just adds another layer that I think would be that much more heartbreaking if you were exposed to it.
    One thing about belonging to a church of any kind is that at a time of tragedy like this is where they are most supportive. I am sure they are receiving an overwhelming amount of support within the Scientology community. They will shield them from the negative stuff and ensure that the Travolta Family will be allowed to grieve the way they need to.
    When I lost my loved one in the almost exact same way, I don't know how I could have gotten through that time of my life without the support of my church and it's members.

I saw a story earlier about Tom Cruise and how Scientology helped him get past dyslexia. I think that was a quick story popped out to maybe deflect some of the attention from the Travoltas.

I think the press needs to leave them alone to grieve. It has to be hard enough to lose a child without having to field all the accusations and whatnot.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

It was announced that Greta Van Susteren's show that Jett's body has been cremated.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I came across this posting from Lisa Marie Presley (Scientologist) and thought I would share it in light of the discussion. I am also posting a portion of her statement that has to do with Scientology and medical care.

Usmagazine.com | News - Lisa Marie Presley: Don't Blame Scientology for Jett Travolta's Death

She continues, "It is not true that Scientologists 'don't believe in' medical care, medicine or medical doctors and that may have something to do with this terrible tragedy.

"Just like anyone else, if one is sick, they go to the doctor. If a medication will make it better, then they take it. If they don’t, then they are an idiot, and you can't blame their religion.

"Whatever medical and or physical condition Jett had, I can tell you first hand that his parents were on a tireless, never-ending quest to get and provide him with the absolute best care anyone could ever ask for and need -- medically, physically, emotionally, medicinally and spiritually," she says.

"I am not writing this to preach my beliefs. I am here to protect my friends.

"John and Kelly have done nothing but spend their lives and their time helping others, making people happy and making peoples lives better," Presley writes. "Please let this family grieve in peace."

+ Reply to Thread