+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree842Likes

Thread: Rest In Peace.

Re: Rest In Peace.

Isn't it funny how the smell of something like that can just take you back? About ten years ago, I happened upon the exact brand and scent of shaving cream that my grandfather used. It was a total accident, but as soon as I smelled it, I was transported back to when I was a kid.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Those are called olfactory memories! I remembered a smell that actually made my knees buckle and I fell to the floor. It's only happened once, and it blew me away. I wish I could say it was a good memory but, alas, it wasn't.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

It seems to have gone unreported around here, but Donald "Duck" Dunn, bass player for Booker T. & The MG'S passed away last week while the band was on tour in Japan. Duck loaned his talents on such classic songs as Wilson Pickett's In The Midnight Hour, Eddie Floyd's Knock On Wood, Soul man by Sam & Dave, Sitting On The Dock Of The Bay by Otis Redding, as well as Booker T's Time Is Tight. RIP Duck, your rhythms will be missed.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

RFK, Jr's estranged wife died today at age 52. No cause of death reported yet and an unnamed source says it was suicide. The Kennedy family has had more than enough tragedy and sadness.

Source: Robert F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    RFK, Jr's estranged wife died today at age 52. No cause of death reported yet and an unnamed source says it was suicide. The Kennedy family has had more than enough tragedy and sadness.

Source: Robert F. Kennedy
    She's too young .Drugs and alcohol, depression. Not a good combination. How sad
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Being reported that DONNA SUMMER is dead. She had cancer and was only 63.

Edited to add: the only articles I can find right now are all connected to TMZ. Will post a link when something more credible pops up.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I just saw that as breaking news. Oh how sad!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Just about every radio station, tv station and media outlet with a Facebook page is reporting the same story, although many refer to TMZ as the source.

This article says she was working on an album at the time of her death. I did not know that. She leaves behind a husband, 3 daughters and 4 grandchildren.

TODAY Entertainment - Donna Summer dead at 63
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    Just about every radio station, tv station and media outlet with a Facebook page is reporting the same story, although many refer to TMZ as the source.

This article says she was working on an album at the time of her death. I did not know that. She leaves behind a husband, 3 daughters and 4 grandchildren.

TODAY Entertainment - Donna Summer dead at 63
    She worked hard for her money.

RIP Donna Summer
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Oh wow.

How sad is this? Donna Summer was SO young!

I certainly enjoyed her music.

RIP, Donna.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

+ Reply to Thread