+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree456Likes

Thread: Rest In Peace.

Re: Rest In Peace.

Really sweet tribute to Adam from Cold Play last night: RIP MCA - YouTube
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Attachment 28356
    George Lindsay - Goober from The Andy Griffith show - dead at 83

George Lindsey, known as TV's Goober Pyle, dies - CenturyLink™
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Hey to Goober.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

I was moved deeply to watch Laura Nyro's induction into the R&R Hall of Fame by Bette Midler. Nyro's music was part of my life, in a joyful way, in the late 60's and early 70's. I used to play her albums all the time as a young college student, and she helped me clean my first apartment with her lilting melodies and rythms. She was such a gifted singer/songwriter and her compositions were covered by so many other artists, it's kind of amazing.

I lost track of her career and did not even know she had passsed at age 49 of ovarian cancer. DH promised to track down a digital recompilation of her work for my Mothers Day present this year.

So, this is my belated RIP for Laura. Boogie on in heaven, Laura. Your music lit up my life in my youth and still gives me goose bumps today.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

I used to love Goober on Gomer Pyle and Mayberry RFD. Well golly RIp
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I think Goober (George Lindsay) saved that show after Barney (Don Knotts) left. In those later episodes, the show was boring if Goober was not in the episode. I always thought he was goofy and adorable.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Maurice Sendak has passed
    Maurice Sendak, author of 'Where the Wild Things Are,' dead at 83 – This Just In - CNN.com Blogs

I saw a retrospective of his work at the Contemporary Jewish Museum in SF a few years ago. I consider myself a big Sendak fan, but I was surprised by some of the work they had on display. He was so much more than just Where The Wild Things Are.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

"To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Maurice Sendak was on The Colbert Report back in January and it was one of the best interviews EVER! Sharing here in his memory. RIP Mr. Sendak.
    Grim Colberty Tales with Maurice Sendak (Pt. 2) - 2012-25-01 | Comedy Central

I didn't know he had a problem with alcohol. How sad.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread