+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree821Likes

Thread: Rest In Peace.

Re: Rest In Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    I can't stop crying - he was such a big piece of my childhood. This is one of my favorite Monkees songs...

RIP Davy!

The Monkees - Valleri (Remastered) - YouTube
    My favorite will always be I'm a Believer. The Shrek films did loads to revive it. When I first heard it at the end of the first Shrek film, I smiled & could only picture The Monkees.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Lost in all of the Davy news is the passing of Jan Berenstain, one of the authors of The Berenstain Bears books. Thank You Jan........I read your books to my children so many times I practically know them by heart.
    CYA

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    On the news at noon today they said that Davy Jones was so popular that another up and coming singer with the name David Jones had to change his name to David Bowie!
    How interesting Gut.....I never knew that. Thanks!
    CYA

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555 View Post
    Lost in all of the Davy news is the passing of Jan Berenstain, one of the authors of The Berenstain Bears books. Thank You Jan........I read your books to my children so many times I practically know them by heart.
    I was sad to hear that, too. We had most of that series for my kids, but we prefered the Mercer Mayer series with similar themes. The BB books were a little didactic, but I can still remember us all laughing over MM's, "Just Go To Bed!".
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey

BB fans might like to know that their books were just recently translated into Lakota, because the Lakota felt that they reflected their traditional values.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    On the news at noon today they said that Davy Jones was so popular that another up and coming singer with the name David Jones had to change his name to David Bowie!
    Another little known fact in the same vein- The opening act for the Monkees' first tour was a little known guitar player named Jimi Hendrix. I don't think he was well received by the mulititudes of screaming teenage girls waiting for the main attraction.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

A 'celebrity' of sorts: Steve Bridges. I supposed that we all look like someone else from somewhere else in the world. This guy just happened to have the face of a famous person. Don't know whether that's a good thing or a bad thing, considering. He was only 48.

George W. Bush impersonator Steve Bridges dies at 48 - latimes.com
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I heard about Steve Bridges' death today...I hadn't heard of him before but watched some of his videos on YouTube....man o man, he was good!!
    He really had Obama, George W Bush and Clinton perfectly.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Another "celebrity" whose name you might not recognize, but you almost certainly know his work.

Robert B. Sherman . . . . supercalifragilisticexpialidoc ious

Robert B. Sherman, Writer of Disney Songs, Dies at 86 | Billboard.com

Edited to add: I have NO idea why there is a space between the c and the i. It doesn't appear that way when I am trying to edit my post, but when I "save changes" it shows up that way.
    Last edited by Little Sew&Sew; 03-06-2012 at 11:14 AM.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Gremlin pushing the "ious" across the page, would be my guess!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread