+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree458Likes

Thread: Rest In Peace.

Re: Rest In Peace.

I think Aretha has always been a bit jealous of her competition. I like her voice, but I LOVE Tina Turner! Wow! That woman has rock, soul, blues and everything wrapped up!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

R-E-S-P-E-C-T, Aretha. Apparently that was lacking when it came to Whitney. I agree she should have at least attempted to BE THERE, even if she wasn't up to singing. The whole being ready to get up and go the same night just doesn't sit right. Something is off about that. No matter now... R.I.P Whitney - The Voice.

I love this video of 90 yr old grandma dancing to pay tribute to Whitney. :non
    You have to scroll down to actually watch the video.
    90-year-old Granny's dancing tribute to Whitney Houston | Mail Online

yeah that was kind of odd. I guess though some people are kind of weirded out over funerals. So who knows?
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

What gets me is that it has been over 10 yrs since Whitney has made any significant contributions to her music career except for a crappy reality tv show not showing her in any kind of positive light and yet people went gaga over her death and funeral. Was anyone really expecting any other out come? Just saying.

What is really sad is that her daughter is supposed to be going in to rehab for substance abuse. Great role model there Whitney.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    What gets me is that it has been over 10 yrs since Whitney has made any significant contributions to her music career except for a crappy reality tv show not showing her in any kind of positive light and yet people went gaga over her death and funeral. Was anyone really expecting any other out come? Just saying.

What is really sad is that her daughter is supposed to be going in to rehab for substance abuse. Great role model there Whitney.
    I hope her daughter gets the help she richly deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post

Yes I was because she had begun to get her life together. She had been back in the studio working on music and she was going to start this upcoming August working on touring again. So I was expecting her to continue with that work she has done to get her life on track again. I don't give up on people when the stumble and fall. I know that people can get back on the right track. I have a positive view of people. I look for the best until I am confirmed to be wrong.

Whitney has also been mending her relationship parent wise with Bobby Brown. Bobby's dad died recently and Whitney actually sung at the funeral. There have also been pictures of her, Bobby and Bobbi Cristina enjoying a day out as parents with their daughter. Bobby and Whitney both seemed to have been working on themselves. Bobby is engaged has a cute little son and enjoying his other 3 children as well.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by tango7 View Post
    I love this video of 90 yr old grandma dancing to pay tribute to Whitney. :non
    You have to scroll down to actually watch the video.
    90-year-old Granny's dancing tribute to Whitney Houston | Mail Online
    Thank you for that link. I love it! What's not to love about a dancing 90 year old granny?! I hope I'm that spry at that age. No wonder she's lived so long.

I wanted to post something yesterday, but said no that is too crass only to find out they really did. When I heard of all the media being given access to the funeral, I thought yeah, but they paid for it. Lo and behold, they did pay for it. The family can say what they want but it all comes down to the all mighty dollar.
    There's no place like home!

They are already auctioning off some of her belongings

+ Reply to Thread