+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree821Likes

Thread: Rest In Peace.

Re: Rest In Peace.

Watched the funeral service on BBC World. What a moving, beautiful and worthy goodbye to an even more beautiful angel. Kevin Costner's speech had me in tears. Rest in peace, sweet Whitney. You are home now.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I find it interesting that she won't be buried until tomorrow. How, exactly, does that work?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Wonderful service, I cried and was moved to tears during many of the speeches, especially Kevin Costner. I cried when they carried her casket out and played "I will always love you"

I wasn't talking about this board, just the media in general. Sorry I guess I should have explained that better.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Posters are allowed to bring up whatever they like as long as it falls within our rules. The mods will let posters know if a discussion isn't appropriate. Until then, posters are free to discuss old rumors, new rumors or anything else.

I have no need to watch her funeral. I guess I don't understand what it is in our culture that we feel like we have a right to see the funeral of someone we don't know personally. I wish the Houston family had not agreed to allow cameras to film the service. It all just feels too ghoulish to me. Even though she was a public figure, I don't think her funeral should be. Let her family and friends - the people who knew her - mourn her in private. JMHO, of course.

As bad as it sounds, I find myself wishing some other big celebrity would die or some other news would hit, so the news wasn't dominated by Whitney. It's like a morbid feeding frenzy. Those entertainment shows just seem to delight in tragedy a bit too much and it's spilled over into the "serious" news as well.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I understood what you were talking about.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I understood you chicagodiva.

I've been watching some of the specials, but I didn't watch the funeral.
    I miss her smile & beautiful voice too & mourn the loss of someone who went way too soon and didn't seem to be able to find the happiness her music brought others.

I just don't think it's the public's place to be rubbernecking at a private time like that, looking to see who cries, who falls apart, who tries to lighten the mood by remembering happy or funny times, then gets trashed on the internet for laughing at a funeral.

Her loved ones deserve the right to grieve together without being watched by the public.

RIP Whitney. You will be missed & remembered.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I find it interesting that she won't be buried until tomorrow. How, exactly, does that work?
    Not so odd. My mom funeral was on a Saturday and she was buried that Sunday. It depends really on the families wishes and sometimes the cemetery requirements for time of burial..
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Regular

What do ya'll think of Bobby Brown being sent away from the funeral for bringing his other children (from other previous wives) with him?

What about Aretha failing to show up for health reasons and then performing with energy in Radio City Music Hall hours later (for second night in a row)?

Considering that those kids lived in the same home with Bobbi Kristina when he was married to Whitney, I am surprised they thought the kids would not want to be there for their sister. The one son was visibly upset over the funeral before even entering the church. Why keep making them move. Le the man sit down and be there for his child. Poor Ray J broke down when the casket came past him down the aisle. I loved the R kelly song and was so moved by it and I will always love you being played at the end.

Aretha may be just a person who can't deal with the finality of a funeral.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread