+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree719Likes

Thread: Rest In Peace.

Re: Rest In Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by chicagodiva View Post
    ITA. I can't believe people are bringing up those old rumors from the early 90's about Whitney Houston. Those are so old and what a time to bring them up, right after her death, along with all of the drug rumors.
    Unfortunately, I think that's just what people do...human beings just love the juicy tidbits, the scandals...Why else would those awful rags like National Enquirer make so much money without the "shocking truth?" People just eat it up, especially when someone dies early or under suspicious details.

For any of you fans of the old Degrassi series.... this made me so sad.

Entertainment | "Degrassi" actor Neil Hope died 5 years ago | Seattle Times Newspaper
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Its very strange that he has been dead for over 4 years and his family and friends just found out recently!

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey View Post
    Its very strange that he has been dead for over 4 years and his family and friends just found out recently!
    I know.... What makes me sad is today on a day when everyone is singing Whitney's praises (and that is cool with me) this poor man, whom I liked so much, died in obscurity and only now does the news come out.
    Last edited by libgirl2; 02-18-2012 at 10:55 AM.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

CNN is doing an exceptional job of the coverage of Whitney's day. Don Lemon has been amazing since last Saturday. He was about to leave the building after his work day when he learned that Whitney had died and he immediately turned around and ran back to the studio and went back to work for who knows how long. He's a HUGE Whitney fan.

It has just been announced that Aretha Franklin will not perform today due to illness.

I also learned that Whitney's elementary school was renamed Whitney E. Houston Academy of Creative and Performing Arts back in 1997. Regardless of what people are talking about she was, obviously, very much loved and respected in her community. I love the positivity that is surrounding today.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 02-18-2012 at 11:08 AM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I'm streaming the funeral online at MSNBC. Part of the reason I'm watching it is because I love Baptist church ceremonies...all the music and movement.

There's only one camera allowed into the funeral, which is what all the channels are using. And it's focused on the choir...it's not roaming around the audience so that viewers can see who attended or who's sitting where. I like the compromise...they get their privacy, but we get to share in what is going to be a celebration of her life.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Though I was raised Catholic, I have always loved the music of the Baptist church. We really missed out on some wonderful music and singers. I don't want anybody preaching to me, but you can sing allll day long, and I will never get enough of it.

They reported that Queen Latifah, after she had arrived and was waiting for the service to start, just started singing "Soon, And Very Soon". It's those types of moments that add so much more meaning.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 02-18-2012 at 12:43 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I am loving the service it is moving and so sad. There is nothing more moving that a Baptist homegoing service.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

RIP Gary Carter. A class act behind the plate and with a bat in his hands,
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Unfortunately, I think that's just what people do...human beings just love the juicy tidbits, the scandals...Why else would those awful rags like National Enquirer make so much money without the "shocking truth?" People just eat it up, especially when someone dies early or under suspicious details.
    I'm also starting to feel a little sorry for Dolly Parton, as I've heard so many networks point out how much money she'll now make from the renewed interest in Whitney's version of "I Will Always Love You." I'm sure that's the furthest thing from Dolly Parton's mind, and it's icky to hear people going on about who might make what as a result of someone's death.

+ Reply to Thread