+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree524Likes

Thread: Rest In Peace.

Re: Rest In Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    I am a big fan too - I was at the 1986 World Series and it was one of the best times of my life. Gary was one of my favorites. It is a sad day - he left us too soon. Prayers for his family. We love you Kid Rest in peace....
    He was among the best as a person and as a ballplayer, probably among the ten best all time catchers. I am an avid Yankees fan, but more of a baseball fan. I can always appreciate talent on any team and I, too, am saddened by his passing.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

ITA. I can't believe people are bringing up those old rumors from the early 90's about Whitney Houston. Those are so old and what a time to bring them up, right after her death, along with all of the drug rumors. I can't believe that, it seems people are just dying to dog the woman for everything she did and everything she was. Can we just remember a time when she was the greatest voice in the world, when her singing talent alone was what was talked about when she was talked about. I mean she was one of the greatest voices ever. That talent don't come around very often, at least not since her.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I see that we will also be able to watch Whitney's homegoing services on television, too. CNN, BET, and E!. Looks like coverage begins at 11:30 a.m.

Update: Live TV coverage planned for Whitney Houston funeral
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I'm happy I will be able to watch the funeral. Sad I lost my idol though still.

I've been watching all of the coverage about her, non stop. The movies, the specials, the videos. The interviews. I know there is a special on 20/20 tonight about her. Can't wait, but sad at the fact for the reason I'm watching it.

Quote Originally Posted by chicagodiva View Post

I've been watching all of the coverage about her, non stop. The movies, the specials, the videos. The interviews. I know there is a special on 20/20 tonight about her. Can't wait, but sad at the fact for the reason I'm watching it.
    I didnt know about the special on 20/20. Thanks for the information, I will be sure to record it.

I would have watched & enjoyed a show like this a week or 2 ago. Now it will be with a whole different set of feelings. Not enjoyable, but interesting. It's sad seeing the end of people we never saw the mortality of.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

ITA. I can't believe people are bringing up those old rumors from the early 90's about Whitney Houston. Those are so old and what a time to bring them up, right after her death, along with all of the drug rumors. I can't believe that, it seems people are just dying to dog the woman for everything she did and everything she was. Can we just remember a time when she was the greatest voice in the world, when her singing talent alone was what was talked about when she was talked about. I mean she was one of the greatest voices ever. That talent don't come around very often, at least not since her.
    Posters are allowed to bring up whatever they like as long as it falls within our rules. The mods will let posters know if a discussion isn't appropriate. Until then, posters are free to discuss old rumors, new rumors or anything else.

I have no need to watch her funeral. I guess I don't understand what it is in our culture that we feel like we have a right to see the funeral of someone we don't know personally. I wish the Houston family had not agreed to allow cameras to film the service. It all just feels too ghoulish to me. Even though she was a public figure, I don't think her funeral should be. Let her family and friends - the people who knew her - mourn her in private. JMHO, of course.

As bad as it sounds, I find myself wishing some other big celebrity would die or some other news would hit, so the news wasn't dominated by Whitney. It's like a morbid feeding frenzy. Those entertainment shows just seem to delight in tragedy a bit too much and it's spilled over into the "serious" news as well.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

About the television coverage, I think MSNBC will be starting at 11 am instead of 11:30. Probably true of all the channels.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

CNN said the coverage will begin on that network at 9am eastern.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Omg so love the Yolanda Adams tribute on the Image Awards to Whitney so much better. Soul stirring and brought tears to the eyes. That is how to celebrate Whitney!R.I.P SongBird!
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread