+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree319Likes

Thread: Rest In Peace.

Re: Rest In Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    I am not talking life changing decisions. I am talking about him being able to comfort his daughter at her mothers funeral.
    I thought up until now, he wasn't allowed to see her at all.If that is the case, it would be her decision. Thats all.

The whole gay rumors/gay accusations thing makes me mad. Anytime a well known woman actually has a female friend who she is close to - BOOM, must be gay. As to the roommate thing, maybe she just didn't want to live alone & a best friend is the logical roommate.
    Also, anytime a female star isn't sleeping around & picking up every man who comes along - BOOM, must be gay. Maybe some of them just have morals. I know, shocking, but why not.
    Last but not least - Who the heck's business is it anyhow? Does being gay make a singer, actress, or any other public figure any less at what they do? I just don't see the big deal with trying to "out" anyone. I think it's cruel. If they don't want to be publicly "out" for fear of damage to their career, it's their own business! Let people make decisions for themselves.
    "Some of us learn from other people's mistakes and the rest of us have to be other people."

I agree with you. I dont think she is gay, why cant women have really great and close friendships

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    The whole gay rumors/gay accusations thing makes me mad. Anytime a well known woman actually has a female friend who she is close to - BOOM, must be gay. As to the roommate thing, maybe she just didn't want to live alone & a best friend is the logical roommate.
    Also, anytime a female star isn't sleeping around & picking up every man who comes along - BOOM, must be gay. Maybe some of them just have morals. I know, shocking, but why not.
    Last but not least - Who the heck's business is it anyhow? Does being gay make a singer, actress, or any other public figure any less at what they do? I just don't see the big deal with trying to "out" anyone. I think it's cruel. If they don't want to be publicly "out" for fear of damage to their career, it's their own business! Let people make decisions for themselves.
    The issue was her FAMILY had issues with Robin. The hounded her over the relationship. Its well known they had no love for her. For years all you saw was Whitney and Robin and then once the Enquirer and other rags got the story they went all out over it. The next thing you know Whitney had married Bobby Brown. This marriage was the beginning of ruin for them both. If her family had not gotten involved with her friendship or relationship with Robin then she may never had gone in Bobby's direction.

I wish she could have lived her life in happiness but people and things intervined to make that impossible for her. to do. sad really.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I thought up until now, he wasn't allowed to see her at all.If that is the case, it would be her decision. Thats all.
    Yes, isn't the daughter 18 years old? She is of age to decide which people she wants around her & in her life. I kind of doubt her father could be a worse influence than her mother, anyway.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I agree with you. I dont think she is gay, why cant women have really great and close friendships
    And what would be wrong if she were gay? That is sad too.... so either she was gay and had to hide it or she wasn't gay, but because she had a close best friend of the same sex she had to prove she wasn't gay!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    The issue was her FAMILY had issues with Robin. The hounded her over the relationship. Its well known they had no love for her. For years all you saw was Whitney and Robin and then once the Enquirer and other rags got the story they went all out over it. The next thing you know Whitney had married Bobby Brown. This marriage was the beginning of ruin for them both. If her family had not gotten involved with her friendship or relationship with Robin then she may never had gone in Bobby's direction.

I wish she could have lived her life in happiness but people and things intervined to make that impossible for her. to do. sad really.
    Exactly. It wasn't only her family, but her record label. This is someone who had been her friend since she was 16 years old. This has nothing to do with women being close friends as someone mentioned earlier. My best friend of 11 years is a lesbian and yes we even lived together at one point for 4 years so that's certainly not the point. Point is there was an image that was created for Whitney. Maybe it became too hard to live up to that image. I'm not talking about the gay rumors either. I'm talking about Whitney having a street edge to her and they wanted her to simply be a diva. In later years you saw that edge fall out during so many interviews and it began to tear down her old image. Some of what was blamed on druggie outbursts seemed to be that old persona sliding out.

As for Bobby, he and Whitney were pictured earlier this month taking Bobbi Kristina out to dinner. They seemed to be having a great time. I can't imagine that something happened so recently that now she wouldn't want to see her dad.

Whitney & Bobby REUNITE For Dinner With Daughter Bobbi Kristina...After Bobby, Fiancée Alicia, And Baby Boy Cassius Hit The Streets | The Young, Black, and Fabulous
    Last edited by KeepItReal; 02-15-2012 at 09:18 PM.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

I hear Westboro church, them of the funeral protests, will be at her funeral service....
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    And what would be wrong if she were gay? That is sad too.... so either she was gay and had to hide it or she wasn't gay, but because she had a close best friend of the same sex she had to prove she wasn't gay!
    Well nothing would be wrong in my book , if she were or were not gay. I think its all a rotten mess from all the tabloids exploiting every inch of her life now she has gone. I feel so sorry for her daughter to have to hear all this , and deal with her mums death

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I hear Westboro church, them of the funeral protests, will be at her funeral service....
    I can't remember who said it, but I read a quote from someone saying that if WBC protests at your funeral, you must have had a pretty good life!

Whether Whitney was a lesbian or not, her possible attempts to stop the rumors is indicative of feelings about homosexuality in the African American community that still exist. It's sad that she may have married Bobby for that reason, although from what I saw of them, they seemed to love each other.

Those pics from the page KeepItReal posted are really telling. Whitney was "on" in front of the cameras, until she got in the car and then she just seemed to deflate. She looked so tired and haggard.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread