+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree709Likes

Thread: Rest In Peace.

Re: Rest In Peace.

The family just put the kibosh on a big public memorial. At least they don't want her death to turn into more of a circus than it already has been. I caught a few seconds of Inside Edition last night and the first story featured their reporter in a bathroom next to a dummy submerged in a bathtub full of water. Stay classy.

Bobby Brown is talking in the media about how he's there for his daughter, but from what I've read, Whitney's family won't even let him see Bobbi Kristina. Apparently, Cissy has always hated him. I can't say I blame her. I don't know how I feel about him being kept from his daughter, if it's true. He is her father, but his presence may do her more harm than good. It sounds like she's not terribly stable right now.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

That's good to know. The last thing they need now is a circus.

I was so very sad to hear of Whitney's death. If I recall correctly both of her brothers fought drug addiction as well, so while Bobby didn't help he certainly didn't start the trend in her life. I recall quotes that people had her try cocaine as young as 10 or 12 years old. Whitney grew up in the business, so she saw and lived a lot that people don't acknowledge.

Bobby didn't help her cause. It's been said that she hated doing the reality show and only did it because Bobby had everyone around her beg her to do it. They did not want him without her involved. She did it to help her husband's career and ended up hurting her own. I also feel that Bobby may have been a little jealous of Whitney's career aand wanted his glory days back.

I remember that a former bodyguard wrote a book some years ago. He went into the accusations that Whitney was having an affair with her childhood friend who later became her assistant. Her friend is a lesbian. She and Whitney were very close, with Whitney even choosing to live with her at one point when she could clearly afford to live without a roomate. The rumors were rampant after that, with Whitney's parents allegedly having confrontations with the woman. Shortly after she married Bobby that woman was out of her life and Whitney began to spiral. I'm not saying I believe what the bodyguard wrote, who knows other than those involved? I know that the rumors have resurfaced since her death, mainly due to a few cryptic tweets by some out lesbians in the business. I believe that KD Lang and Sandra Berndhardt made some tweets that have the tounges wagging again.

Who knows for sure at this point what killed Whitney. Sometimes people are just tired. She was said to be nearly broke, having supported everyone around her for so long. Even the friend who she was accused of having the lesbian relationship with spoke out after her death and said Whitney was known to take care of everyone around her very well, and said that Whitney even made sure she wanted for nothing. Her dad died a few years ago and his wife sued Whitney for the million dollar insurance policy. She recently lost and Whitney was going to sue her stepmom for a $2million loan she made to her dad. Her life was a stressful mess, and the paps were following her hoping to see her fall. It's sad she gave them what they wanted in the end.

I loved Whitney's voice, the voice that she abused with alcohol, drugs and cigs that they said she was in the process of swimming two hours a day to reclaim. Maybe she should have moved to gospel music like so many before her have. She seemed so moved and joyful when you saw her sing a gospel song. It would have pulled the limelight back after a while. All I can say is she's gone so young, and her daughter is left with a heap of pain. I'm keeping her in my prayers. My niece just lost her mom and it breaks my heart to see. A girl needs her mom. I'm an adult and I still need my mom. I hope Bobbi Kristina stays strong. They seemed so very close.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tango7 View Post
    Mmm, I don’t know about that. I recall when the tabloids were insinuating that Oprah and Gail were a lesbian couple (not true), but Oprah didn’t marry Stedman to get them to stop. I realize Oprah and Whitney are/were very different, but still . . . . Whitney married Bobby because she was into him and she seemed to like his bad boy persona.

btw I just heard on the news an invitation-only funeral for Whitney will be Saturday at the church in NJ.
    I still think that Oprah is not "living in her truth", hence the constant weight battles. But that's another story for another day.

I'm glad that it will be a private invite-only funeral. Whitney has given of herself for almost 30 years. Let her family and those who knew her, have her alone for the last time. If the public wants to mourn Whitney, donate to a charity that means something to her or to help those who are addicted to substances.

TMZ is claiming that the Houston family doesn't want Bobby at the funeral. If Bobbi Kristina needs/wants him there, then he should be there. He is her father and the family can't ignore him just because they hate him.

I can't believe there are photos of the bathtub and her room. Disgusting. I hope the 911 tapes aren't released either. 911 calls should never be released, celebrity or not.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Robin Crawford is the assistant and BF. Jennifer Holiday was on tv and she said that Whitney was using drugs well before Bobby Brown came into her life. They just got worse as two addicts got together and both began to spiral out of control. I am not a fan of Bobby Brown but as stated by many of her friends she was using prior to that time. I have always believed that Whitney married Bobby to appease her family over Robin Crawford. The friendship ended the day she married Bobby. The marriage got Clive Davis and the media off her back over the Robin thing and the issues she had begun to have prior with drug use.

Whitney Houston music brings back so many good memories of growing up. Its a shame she was never able to be who she truly wanted to be. I think the drugs are just away she used to stuff her feelings.

Bobby Brown loves his daughter and he has a right to be with her during her time of loss.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Bobby Brown himself didn't help to put the rumors to rest. In his biography he makes mention of the lesbian rumors and pretty much said that he believed Whitney's agenda for marrying him was to put the rumors to rest. Don't know how soon after the marriage ended that book was written so it could have been a bit of hurt and anger talking but who knows. Then KD Lang tweets...

kd_sissboombangkd_sissboombang

Listen. Be yourself. Live your life the way you heart tells you to. Love who you want. #RIPWHITNEYHOUSTON

11 Feb

Those rumors will likely never truly end, but her pain has. R.I.P. Whitney! Thanks for the music and movies!

BTW- someone upthread mentioned "Sparkle" with Jordin Sparks and wondered if the name had anything to do with Jordin. It doesn't. "Sparkle" is a remake of a movie from the 70's. That movie was in the works long before most people knew who Jordin was. Aaliyah was to play the role that Jordin plays and when she died the project halted. Whitney also stated her heart wasn't in it after the death, and the script had to be reworked several times. I'm glad she finally got it made. The movie will also feature some of Whitney's final songs.

-Unknown Author-

On another note, it was reported that the news broke of Whitney's death on Twitter 30 minutes before the media found out. It's going to take some getting used to the fact that these days, because of social networking,news travels quicker than even the closest family members can be alerted that they lost someone. Sad.

-Unknown Author-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal View Post
    On another note, it was reported that the news broke of Whitney's death on Twitter 30 minutes before the media found out. It's going to take some getting used to the fact that these days, because of social networking,news travels quicker than even the closest family members can be alerted that they lost someone. Sad.

I heard a report that it was the daughter of someone who worked at the hotel, and was thus aware of what had happened, who broke the news via Twitter. Unfortunately, I think the social media has helped diminish the lines between private and public to the point where some people, particularly those young enough to have pretty much grown up with insta-communication of everything, no longer understand that there are (or ought to be) boundaries you just don't cross. Just because you know something doesn't mean you have to share it immediately (or ever, for that matter). I don't think that sort of thing is entirely the fault of the popularity of the social media, however, because that's just a tool. It's the way people use it that can be problematic. I guess sometimes I just feel like the social media developed without a corresponding sense of social media manners developing along with them.

Bobby Brown loves his daughter and he has a right to be with her during her time of loss.
    Yes, I believe he does .Perhaps she can make up her own mind , if she wants her father in her life or not/ Right now everything is too raw for her to make any life changing decisons

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Yes, I believe he does .Perhaps she can make up her own mind , if she wants her father in her life or not/ Right now everything is too raw for her to make any life changing decisons
    I am not talking life changing decisions. I am talking about him being able to comfort his daughter at her mothers funeral.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread